“Great great great”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Brodick
Carrick Lodge Guest House
Ranked #7 of 16 Brodick B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 22, 2014

What can I say .... I have been staying here for a few weeks with work and can not faulty this place at all.
Value for money
Beautiful house
Comfortable bed
Clean rooms and when I say clean I mean spotless
Amazing service
And the hosts are so so attentive , friendly and welcoming

If you are looking for comfort and a base to explore the beautiful island of arran ... Book here

Mark

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business

Reviewed March 22, 2014

Great location near ferry terminal (good exercise if on foot!) and great views over to Goatfell.

Pleasant accommodation with modern en-suites, visitors lounge, etc. Benefits from free wi-fi and great breakfasts.

Great value for money - I would use this place again.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed February 23, 2014

Myself and some friends went to Arran for a day trip, we were
warned the ferry home may be cancelled but went along anyway. Unfortunately our ferry home was cancelled due to high winds, this left us to find somewhere to stay last minute, the sea front hotels were all booked up so we called Carrick Lodge. The lady on the phone was so friendly and polite, we turned up to the gorgeous house with beautiful views and a very warm welcome - a big smile, a guided tour of the lodge, the offer of making ourselves at home (we pottered about in our socks with our bedroom doors open, watched tv, ordered Chinese)! The bedrooms and bathrooms were spotless, the breakfast was delicious, I can't rate it enough! Will definatly be returning if we venture back to Arran!

• Stayed: February 2014
Faith1303, Owner at Carrick Lodge Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded May 19, 2014

It was lovely to be able to have you all for your enexpected stay on Arran and I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for all your lovely comments and I will look forward to welcoming you back or your next planned trip!

Reviewed October 3, 2013

I feel compelled to write my first ever Tripadvisor review in response to a couple of negative reviews (completely unjustified I may add) about my favourite B&B in Arran. My girlfriend and I have visited Arran on numerous occasions and the only reason we are unable to always stay in the Carrick is they are always fully booked. A warm friendly welcome, tidy clean room, stunning views towards Goatfell and a breakfast to match or better the Douglas and the Auchrannie (trust me, I've tried them all!). This is a proud family-run B&B which gives that wee extra personal touch the bigger places simply don't have. Enjoy Arran, love the Carrick!

Room Tip: Book well in advance....
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Chris C
Reviewed June 30, 2013

We have just returned after a break with my husband, kids and his family. We shared a room with our 2 young kids and the family was in adjacent rooms. On the same floor is a roomy lounge with comfortable leather lazy boy sofa and all the dvd's, games, books to keep our little ones occupied. The accomodation is immaculately clean and nothing was a bother. The owner had a young family and allowed my children much to their delight to feed the rabbits. A fantastic little play area in garden for the kids also. The breakfast was amazing and huge, im still stuffed, again there was no problem catering for the little ones. I would find it difficult to fault this guest house and would have no problem recommending. When you get off the ferry you do have an uphill walk but if i can manage it anyone can and being a little bit higher meant for fantastic views. Would definetely return.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Faith1303, Owner at Carrick Lodge Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2013

We are delighted you had such an enjoyable stay with us recently and cannot thank you enough for taking the time to write such positive and kind words on Trip Advisor. Feedback such as yours makes us very happy to know we are providing a quality service and makes it all worth while!
We are pleased you and your family were able to make use of our lounge and the activities we have provided. We know exactly what it entails having a young family to entertain and keep occupied. We were also pleased to know they enjoyed the outside space and the chance to feed the rabbits.
We believe a hearty breakfast is a necessity when gearing up for a day exploring all that Arran has to offer.
If you would like to forward your email address through our webpage we would be delighted to notify you of any forthcoming special rates and our special winter deals.
In the meantime, thank you once again and we look forward to welcoming you back hopefully in the not too distant future.

Reviewed June 18, 2013

We visited this place as our first choice hotel couldn't take us. Big mistake. My husband had stayed here 40 years before and thought it would be nice to re-visit. Nostalgia! Wrong. The approach was dismal, the garden strewn with discarded toys, the entrance grubby and unwelcoming. The place had clearly been re-fitted years ago to comply with fire regs - with neither taste nor style of any description. The room was a shocker. Linen on the bed was cheap, well used and washed out looking. Shower was grubby - those nasty black mouldy marks round about - and the wash hand basin was cracked. Artificial flowers are bad enough but the bunch of artificial tulips on the dressing table were so thick with dust they must have been there for 40 years. Ughhh!

Curtains on the window were light so the early morning light woke us just after 4am and I found it impossible to sleep again.

On arrival we were given a card to fill out with our breakfast choices. pathetic in this day and age. Don't they have a fridge? or a freezer? very limited choice, fruit was sweetened tinned grapefruit and sweetened tinned prunes. No choice of toast offered; a rack of mainly white toast. By breakfast time, what I thought I'd like for breakfast at 5.30 pm the day before was no longer what I really wanted. Service was poor with at one point a small child delivering food to one table (I mean a small child - around 4 years old!)

Room Tip: Pick another hotel.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank AliAK264
Faith1303, Owner at Carrick Lodge Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2013

We were very saddened to learn about your recent disappointing stay with us at the Carrick Lodge Guest House and wish we had been given the opportunity to rectify some of the problems you encountered during your visit with us.
As a family run establishment we pride ourselves on delivering the highest quality of service with a warm and friendly atmosphere. We are extremely sorry on this occasion we failed to deliver.
It is with regret that we were unable to accommodate you in one of our refurbished bedrooms with ensuite facilities. We would also like to apologise for your unsatisfactory breakfast and can appreciate that pre-ordering your breakfast selection may not suit some people and we hope to rectify this with new ideas in the near future.
Once again, please accept our sincere apologies for our shortfall in delivering you an enjoyable stay and hope you may visit in the future in order that we may alter your opinion of the Carrick Lodge Guest House.
Our refurbishment programme will continue and we expect to have all bathrooms complete by the end of the year.

Reviewed January 8, 2013

We took advantage of the offer of £25 pp and we were left quite satisfied by the overall service. TV, clean towels, and the decoration and space of the room gave us a feeling that we got real value for the £50 we paid for the double-room for one night. Furthermore, a warm common room provides a home-feeling. The best feature, though, was the breakfast, which was a well-above average scottish breakfast. Would recommend it without reservations.

Room Tip: room number 1 has nice views to the pier and brodick's bay
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brodick
Auchrannie Resort
#2 of 16 in Brodick
Belvedere Guest House
Belvedere Guest House
#5 of 16 in Brodick

Been to Carrick Lodge Guest House? Share your experiences!