“friendly service”

Arran on a Plate
Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Modern restaurant serving the very best of Arran's top quality produce, including island cheeses, lamb, fresh fruit & vegetables, ice cream, ales and whisky.
Scotland, United Kingdom
“friendly service”
Reviewed April 18, 2013

waitress was very friendly and atmosphere was just right. food was spot on and great value.We would certainly be visiting again if we return to Arran!

Lanark, United Kingdom
“Local food and drink”
Reviewed April 14, 2013

This is a great place to go to taste the local produce of Arran. The food was lovely and they have a wide range of the beer and whisky distilled on Arran. I would recommend the Arran Gold

Stirling, United Kingdom
“Excellent meal”
Reviewed April 4, 2013 via mobile

Nice choices in the menu. Excellent lamb tagine. Care given to our gluten-free requirements which is always a good sign. Good friendly service. Fine view of the hills. To be recommended.

Stirling, United Kingdom
“Could not fault this restaurant”
Reviewed March 23, 2013

First time in this restaurant and was the best meal I have had in a long time. Four of us were dining and we all felt the same. To top it all, nice views, toilets clean and staff pleasant and helpful - a great night.

• Visited March 2013
London, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Need to be consistent”
Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

I booked this restaurant for a birthday lunch for my Mother who is 91, it was part of a day trip to Arran. I had booked on line and received a nice reply asking me if there was anything special that they could put on the menu for my Mother. On the day the restaurant opened at 12 noon which was the time we had booked for, our party of four were the only customers that lunchtime, this can be off putting but the atmosphere was good and the terrific views of Goatfell and the seafront made it seem special. I ordered 4 Kir Royale's but the champagne had not been chilled properly but they were otherwise nice. My Mother opted for the smoked salmon soufflé to start and I've never seen a bigger portion! It looked nice and light and fluffy and had plenty of salmon in it. The other starters were Haggis and Apple salad which were slightly disappointing the baked apple was nice but the haggis seemed to lack something. The main courses were a small Arran Chicken, Sirloin Steak with peppercorn sauce, Fish and Chips and Salmon with leeks and a cream sauce. I had the steak which I'd asked for medium rare however it really was medium, the vegetables were really fresh and the peppercorn sauce delicious. The hit seemed to be the Salmon with leeks and my friend raved about it all day. All in all it was very enjoyable and I can imagine it will be very busy in the season. Small things stopped it from being excellent but it was very good value for money and we would go back.