“A can of dog food would make for a more enjoyable meal!”
Review of Arran on a Plate - CLOSED

Arran on a Plate
Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Modern restaurant serving the very best of Arran's top quality produce, including island cheeses, lamb, fresh fruit & vegetables, ice cream, ales and whisky.
Reviewed October 29, 2012

The last night of our weekend on Arran my Father decided to treat my Mum, my wife and I and my sister to dinner in this restaurant.
To say the food was dissapointing is an under statement as it wasn't even fit for pigs. The only words that accurately describe what was served on our plates are swear words.
I can honestly say that not a single item of food that was served to us was absolutely anywhere near restaurant quality.
To the person who said that people who give a bad review of the food are ignorant, you are a complete moron and probably see an Asda value microwave meal as an 'a la carte' dining experience.
As my Father isn't one for complaining he paid the bill which was well in excess of £100 and we all left feeling like it had been a bad ending to an otherwise enjoyable weekend on Arran.

Reviewed October 28, 2012

Had an evening meal at this restaurant in October 2012 with some friends. Warm welcome on arrival, and the paintings for sale exhibited on the walls is a nice touch, and made for an interesting debate about what we thought of them. Unfortunately the food was a bit hit and miss, some of our party had a lamb dish which they thought was fatty. My chicken jalfrezi was dry, and had the unfortunate look of a ready meal which had been left in the microwave a little too long. Not good. I know it's been a long wet summer, but come on guys. The service was also a bit on the slow side, we struggled to get another drink after our first. Overall not fantastic, the restaurant seemed to be a bit light on staff, and struggled because of that. Maybe a bad night, but I'm seriously struggling to see what other reviewers are raving about.

Reviewed October 22, 2012

Perfect stop for lunch after a long walk, we had the set menu for £7.50 each for starter and main, food was lovely and staff very friendly , don't let the front of the restaurant put you of, you won't be disappointed once you taste the food.

Reviewed October 7, 2012

First stop on arrival in Brodick on our annual visit to Arran is usually Arran on a Plate but this year we could not believe our good fortune to find that there was a special offer of half price lunch in this first class restaurant. What a super varied menu and at £8.50 for 2 courses or £10.50 for 3 courses this is impossible to beat !! The food as I have found in the past was wonderful and the presentation excellent. We went back to the restaurant for lunch on the Thursday and again before we left on Saturday. Many of the courses on the menu changed throughout the week and the service we received was friendly and efficient.
This restaurant shows what Scotland can do with good use of local produce well cooked and in beautiful surroundings.
I can not praise Chris Attkins and his staff highly enough and look forward to returning to this restaurant when next on Arran

Reviewed October 3, 2012

decided to got try this resturant out on a trip to arran only to be told they were closed at 2pm and this was just 2.20pm although it said that the resturant was still open and was fully lite and staffed there was no sign saying that it closed at 2pm.although we were told by an aburpt member of staff that we eat at 5pm,if you want to try it go before 2pm