Kilmichael Country House Hotel Restaurant
Dining options: Reservations
scotland
“Loved it”
Reviewed June 4, 2014

WOW!! Felt like I'd stepped into another world. Peaceful & romantic. Very tastefully decorated throughout.The food is wonderful. I can be a fussy eater but not here - ate everything! Fresh, delicate & mouth-watering. The owners must be so proud of what they've achieved, just wish I'd found this gem sooner.

1 Thank fifi47
Kilmichael, Owner at Kilmichael Country House Hotel Restaurant, responded to this review, June 22, 2014
Thank you so much for your review. We are delighted that you enjoyed your evening with us and hope that, having found us, this will be the first of many!

New Mills, United Kingdom
“Once again, just wonderful”
Reviewed May 8, 2014

We visited in 2010 and then went back last weekend with my husbands parents. The welcome to the Kilmichael was just the same, warm and friendly. We were taken to the drawing room to have a drink and look at the food and wine menus. The set dinner menu was just exquisite - almost too much food and so significantly under priced. The service is attentive without being overbearing.
I would happily go back here again and again.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank P C
Kilmichael, Owner at Kilmichael Country House Hotel Restaurant, responded to this review, May 13, 2014
We're really pleased to hear that your return visit lived up to expectations. 'Warm and friendly' and 'attentive without being overbearing' are the sort of comments we value since they reflect so accurately the atmosphere we hope to create. As for your last comment, we can only hope your wishes all come true!
Newtonhill
“Love this place!”
Reviewed May 8, 2014

If you are looking for a very special place to dine with wonderful food, excellent service and lovely lovely surroundings then you must visit Kilmichael. There is absolutely nothing which can be faulted and I just love it. After a fabulous dinner we had coffee in one of the upstairs lounges and could have quite happily sat for hours enjoying the comfort and ambience of our surroundings. We have not stayed in the hotel but I am sure it would be a wonderful experience. The joint owner Geoffrey who welcomes guests is a perfect gentleman. Looking forward to our next visit when we return to Arran.

• Visited May 2014
We're delighted that your evening at Kilmichael was such an enjoyable experience. Your comments are a tribute to your taste and discrimination, apart from your impression of Geoffrey as a perfect gentleman - you have clearly never heard his language when he is put on hold by a call centre. On a more serious note, we are very grateful that you have taken the trouble to write such a super review, and hope to welcome you back to Kilmichael before too long.
New Mills, United Kingdom
“Wonderful”
Reviewed January 1, 2014 via mobile

We visited in 2010 and celebrated our engagement here. It was incredibly special, made all the more so by the pleasant, equisite relaxed surroundings and courteous and attentive staff. the food and wine were delicious and we felt very spoiled.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank P C
Kilmichael, Owner at Kilmichael Country House Hotel Restaurant, responded to this review, April 11, 2014
Thank you for your kind review. It is always particularly flattering when people choose Kilmichael for their special occasions and we are delighted that we lived up to your hopes and expectations.
Strathblane, United Kingdom
“Discreet luxury”
Reviewed December 25, 2013

My wife took me here for a "Special" birthday. We love Arran and golf but I play the game badly. Arran's courses are a challenge but not intimidating.
Since this was a "special" she booked Kilmichael. It lived up to all it's expectations. Room and food were excellent. Only one gripe. We played Shiskine the day we arrived, checked to a lovely room, then as my wife unpacked I asked where the bar was for a beer.
"We don't have a bar, drinks are served in the Lounge prior to Dinner" After 12 holes of golf on a hot day a beer would have gone down a treat. Shiskine golf course I knew had no bar, but Kilmichael, for a resident?
Apart from that everything was excellent. Food, service, attention to detail, Bedroom, faultless. Midges outside, uninvited guests.
Would I go back? Don't think so. Would I recommend ? Yes as a one off experience. Get a bar, definitely would be back.

Visited September 2013
Thank you for your review. There seems to have been some misunderstanding over our drinks service. We do not have a 'bar', but we certainly serve drinks to residents thoughout the day, both as part of room service and in the Drawing Rooms. I'm sorry you were misled about this and hope that we may hope to welcome you back to Kilmichael some day.