“My kids said this was "awesome"”

Cairnhouse Riding Centre
Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“My kids said this was "awesome"”
Reviewed September 23, 2013

My kids aged 5 and 7 have not been riding before but wanted to do a short pony trek. We were very impressed with this, pony trekking along the beach is not something they would normally get to do. Thank you so much for the experience.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank Mhairi G

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“A great stables”
Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

We took our children on the 10am morning hack. It was £22 each which covered the loan of riding hats and boots. They had a lovely hours ride along the beach and the parents were able to walk behind. The horses were very friendly, well schooled and in great health. The staff were helpful and enthusiastic. We will be back next year. Thank you, thoroughly enjoyed it.

Visited August 2013
2 Thank Julia A
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Excellent riding in a great location”
Reviewed April 10, 2013

My daughters, of varying riding abilities, had a fabulous hack on lovely ponies. The highlight was riding along the beach. I was very impressed with the state of the yard; it was very clean and well cared for - this is not what I am used to seeing!

Visited April 2013
Isle of Arran
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Always great fun”
Reviewed September 27, 2012

I ride at Cairnhouse frequently and every time i enjoy it. My daughter who is 5 also rides there mose weeks.
The horses are lovely - well looked after, friendly and happy in their job. Dawn is a brilliant teacher and great fun to hack out with. There is a lots of different hacking from hills to beaches, hacks and trecks always available dependant on the experience of the rider.
I would always reccomend Cairnhouse for a brilliant experience with horses no matter how advanced a rider you are.

Visited September 2012
Glasgow
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 51 helpful votes
“Lovely horses - lovely trek!!”
Reviewed September 21, 2012

Dawn (the owner) was very friendly both on the phone and in person. Three of us turned up to do a trek and the horses were really gentle and not jittery at all. The stable itself was lovely - swallows flying in and out around the archway and the farrier was there changing the horses shoes - I don't know what the last person meant when they said it was run down - we didn't see anything to back that up at all. We chose our hats and saddled up and were taken first along the roadway of Blackwaterfoot, which was fine as the horses are obviously used to cars going by, and then we were taken down onto the beach and the journey was absolutely brilliant. We found this whole trip to be well worth the money. As an aside we had phoned the North Sannox riding centre the day before and had a terrible experience with the unfriendly women owner who knows nothing about customer service obviously!!! Not so here - can fully recommend the Cairnhouse Stables and will definitely return here when next on Arran.

Visited September 2012