“Great value and location”

The Queensferry Hotel
“Great value and location”
Reviewed June 4, 2014

We used this when we were doing a race that started in Queensferry at the end of May 2014. We booked a triple room.

Very friendly and helpful reception staff both when we booked in and when we left. They even organised breakfast early for us as we were leaving before they started serving breakfast.The only downside was the lady serving at the bar when we ordered some cake and coffee who did not seem to have that much warmth towards us, we got the feeling we were putting her out by ordering what we did.

The room was clean and tidy. However we did come across a dirty cup and spoon that had not been cleaned from the previous occupants. The room was also incredibly stuffy with no air conditioning or the ability to open the window wide enough to get some air in.

Overall I thought it was fine and we were only there for the night.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Jennifer H
Louisa C, Sales Manager at The Queensferry Hotel, responded to this review, June 9, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. Guest feedback is vital in helping us grow and develop as a team.

I'm pleased that you enjoyed your time with us and have passed on your kind comments to the reception staff. I can only apologise in regard to the member of surly bar staff. Our food and beverage team have some scheduled customer service training to improve their guest focus.

I hope that you enjoyed the race you were competing in and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Queensferry Hotel again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (154)
  • Hungarian first
Toowoomba, Australia
Reviewed June 3, 2014

I visit this hotel recently when staying in Scotland in late April 2014, first impressions always stick out. the front door entrance is not reception, you must go into a small lift that is available, then up you go. The reception staff where fantastic, and always very kind through our stay for 3 nights. The rooms were average, a bit run down, mine had a view to a hedge, which I must say, was a thrill for the first time I look out my window I saw a deer, however every other time I looked, nothing. The meals were OK, after 3 nights the menu was a bit ho hum. The surprise was the Bar Maid, the young lady was so particular, she was impossible, Have you got you room ID, ok I can deal with that on the first time I order a beer but on the 3rd and 4th and 5th, and for goodness sake, I was sitting at the table with my 2 other colleagues right across from the bar, an no we were not impolite. The next day we order a cold beer, she said she would have go to cellar to them, ok that fine, 20 minute later, she still had not gone get them, when we prompted, her about it, well did we get the look, another 5 minutes, I get my cold beer but my boss, he got the warm one, well he a some kind words to the bar girl, and well she said would like ice with that, well we did miss understand, that she actually put the beer bottle in ice, and gave the boss another warm beer. She was most unhelp every single night, most disappointing attendant I have ever come across. So I would not recommend the Bar to no traveller, in hind site, we should have ventured do to the local.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank cr0mbie2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us at the Queensferry Hotel, we rely on guest feedback to direct us in our training and development needs.

I am sorry to read of your disappointing experience whilst staying with us. The poor service which you received from the bar maid is certainly far from the level of customer service we would expect from a member of our team. We have organised some training sessions for all food and beverage staff which will focus on ensuring staff have our guests needs and expectations at the forefront of their minds at all times.

I am pleased to note that you found the reception team polite and helpful - I have passed on your kind comments to them

I hope that your experience has not deterred you too heavily and that with time you will reconsider staying at The Queensferry Hotel on your next trip to fife.
Scotland
Reviewed May 28, 2014

We went here with 2 friends for an overnight D,B&B deal and had a really nice stay.Very friendly and helpful staff and the bottle of wine in the room was a nice touch.We had a large twin room on the 1st floor with a view over the conservatory roof to the river Forth and the new bridge construction.The food was well presented and tasty served at a window table overlooking the Forth.Overall it was a nice experience and we would go there again.

Room Tip: 2nd floor rooms at the front have better view.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Louisa C, Sales Manager at The Queensferry Hotel, responded to this review, May 30, 2014

I'm pleased that you enjoyed your time with us so much, and have passed on your kind comments to the rest of the team.

We hope to welcome you back to the Queensferry Hotel again soon.
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Great hotel with excellent views over the river. There was a little bit of mold in the barthroom but not a lot, Rooms were lovely and the bed comfy. The bar staff were great with us and made my niece a cocktail even though they don't do cocktails. Food was amazing. Would stay again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends

I'm pleased that you enjoyed your time with us so much and have passed on your kind comments to the bar staff and the rest of the team.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 28, 2014

My wife found this deal on 'itison'. Dinner, bed and continental breakfast plus a free complimentary bottle of wine....for just £59 ! Okay it had to be a Sunday night, but as it was the Bank Holiday weekend, it was fine. Big rooms which were clean and tidy, altho they could do with a refurb. The dinner was okay...when it eventually arrived. But don't know why they had the AC on when it was chucking it down outside? Bar prices where a bit steep, but with the cost of the deal, what did it matter for a few drinks. Unique location, with views of the bridges. All in all...the bargain deal of the year!

Room Tip: Make sure you get a south facing room so you get a view of the Forth and the bridges,
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

I'm pleased that you enjoyed your time with us, although I'm sorry that you found the restaurant a bit chilly due to the air conditioning and had a bit of a wait for your meals.

We look forward to welcoming you back to enjoy the spectacular views at the Queensferry Hotel again soon.
Stirling, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 19, 2014 via mobile

My partner & I were kindly given a gift of an over night stay with dinner bed & breakfast. I believe it was an itison deal I have say that this was the best value & service we have ever had! From our welcome at reception to the bottle of wine in our room. The room was spacious and clean with a view to the road bridge. We had a large comfortable bed & quality TV set in our room. We were really impressed with the beautiful decor in the in the dining room, this looks recently refurbished. But I have to tell you the food was absolutely top notch! Any five star hotel would be proud to serve food to this high standard. The taste & well thought out menu was really impressively put together. The restaurant staff are hard working and friendly, and some were back to greet us for breakfast. This was also very well laid out, we got up early and enjoyed a nice continental breakfast with lots of choices. And all freshly cut cheeses & meats to choose from. We could not fault The Queens Ferry Hotel, they were wonderful and I'm still dreaming of the out of this world meal we had! Thank you to all the staff for a memorable stay..

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank scotland1971
Louisa C, Sales Manager at The Queensferry Hotel, responded to this review, May 22, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. Guest feedback is vital in helping us grow and develop as a team.

I'm really pleased that you enjoyed your time with us so much, and have passed on your kind comments to the chefs and the rest of the team.

Perth
Reviewed May 18, 2014

Got this on an Itison deal and I have to say this is probably without a doubt one of the best we have experienced in terms of quality and value for money, honestly could not fault a single thing.

Rooms are spacious and ours had a fantastic view of the Forth.

Dinner menu, because we were on a deal was a bit restricted but this was more than made up for with the quality of the food and its presentation. Simply FIRST CLASS!

Continental breakfast in the morning with a great range of different hams, chees etc. The traditional breakfast also available. Again quality superb.

The staff were fantastic and it is not often you get that in a "chain hotel".

We will be back - NO DOUBT!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Louisa C, Sales Manager at The Queensferry Hotel, responded to this review, May 19, 2014

I'm pleased that you enjoyed your time with us, and have passed on your kind comments to the rest of the team.

Also consider these accommodations in or near North Queensferry
#2 of 3 in Aberdour
Aberdour Hotel
Aberdour Hotel
#1 of 3 in Aberdour

Been to The Queensferry Hotel? Share your experiences!