DoubleTree by Hilton Edinburgh - Queensferry Crossing
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
The Staghead Hotel(South Queensferry)
Orocco Pier(South Queensferry)
Dakota Edinburgh(South Queensferry)
King Malcolm Hotel(Dunfermline)
Tally-Ho Hotel(Broxburn)
Garvock House Hotel(Dunfermline)
  • Restaurant
All reviewsforth road bridgebuilding workdouble treeriver viewwaiting stafffish and chipssconesstunning viewshigh standardfirst classlovely roomhaggisqueensferryedinburghfirthweddingpauline
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 10, 2014

I'm still in my hotel room as I write this. Looking around, the room is very well presented but slightly tired. You can tell it looked classy 10 years ago. I walk to the walls and find marks everywhere and painted doors are grubby. I had an evening meal here last night and it was pretty uninspiring. I went for something off the early bird menu. The Scottish broth was ok, the steak pie tasted quite nice but the only side that came with it was a massive pile of peas??n(and a small bowl of chips). Like I say, fairly uninspiring. But...the one thing that gets me every time, and this is the thing that could turn a bad hotel into an average hotel, or an average hotel into a good hotel, is SERVICE! I waited, standing up, with staff well aware in the reception area which is visible from the bar, for 15 minutes until the young man decided that he better come serve me. That is the sole reason it gets a poor rating instead of an average.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
3  Thank lunchcritic1
Louisa C, Sales Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Edinburgh - Queensferry Crossing, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us - guest feedback is very important in helping us to improve and develop. I'm sorry that you felt that the room was outdated we are due to enter into a period of total refurbishment starting in the next couple of weeks. This will include a total overhaul of all public areas including the function suits and the gardens, the introduction of a gym, all bedrooms will be refurbished and there is a planned extension to the bedroom stock.

I agree whole heartedly with your comments regarding service. I have passed on your comments to our Food and Beverage team who will be implementing further training to ensure that all service standards are met.

I hope that your experience has not deterred you to significantly and that with time you will return to The Queensferry Hotel again.

Reviewed January 8, 2014

Enjoyed our mid Christmas - New Year break here, staff were all very nice and rooms were really nice and I've read many comments about the decor being a bit tired, but they are shortly starting renovations. We would definitely recommend to friends and we intend to go back for next Christmas if not sooner.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to review your Christmas Break with us - customer feedback is very important as a tool for training and development.

I'm pleased that you enjoyed your stay and have passed on your kind comments to the rest to the team.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Queensferry Hotel soon.

Reviewed January 3, 2014

Just spent one night in this hotel attending the New Year Gala Night. We did enjoy the evening, and the band, Funktion Suite, worked very hard and had everyone on the dance floor. We did enjoy the evening, although the food could have been of a better quality.However, it was plentiful and arrived at the table hot.
The staff were very friendly and did everything they could to solve any problems that arose. That is, apart from a friend's bedroom which had no heating other than a small plug in electric fire! This problem was not resolved, even although it was brought to the attention of the management on several occasions. They were not even offered a refund or discount on the room, or a change of room.
Our room was spacious, very warm (our heating was working) but it was all a bit tired and drab.
The hotel is in a prime location, waterside overlooking the two bridges on the Forth, but, it does need renovating to bring it up to scratch. The potential is there.
We had breakfast, on New Year's day, which was very good, and plentiful and again, the staff were very friendly and helpful.
One other point, which should never have happened...the bar ran out of beer, and we gather there was only one barrel left in the whole hotel...on New Years Eve?

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us at The Queensferry Hotel customer feedback is very important in helping our team grow and develop. You are correct, some of the hotel is a little tired however we are due to enter into a period of total refurbishment starting in the next couple of weeks. This will include a total overhaul of all public areas including the function suits and the gardens, the introduction of a gym, all bedrooms will be refurbished and there is a planned extension to the bedroom stock.

I am pleased that overall you enjoyed your stay with us and have passed on your kind comments to the rest of the team. I look forward to welcoming you back to the Queensferry hotel soon.

Reviewed January 2, 2014

Our niece got married there on Saturday 28th December. I think decor in the room she was married in was a lot to be desired a lick of paint would not go wrong. The meal I cannot fault, but the hotel as a whole could do with some heating it was very cold.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank lindaforsyth418

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us at The Queensferry Hotel. I'm sorry that you were disappointed in the hotel as a wedding venue. Some of the hotel is a little tired however we are due to enter into a period of total refurbishment starting in the next couple of weeks. This will include a total overhaul of all public areas including the function suits and the gardens, the introduction of a gym, all bedrooms will be refurbished and there is a planned extension to the bedroom stock.

I hope that your experience hasn't deterred you too heavily and hope that with time you will reconsider staying with us at the Queensferry Hotel again soon.

Reviewed December 24, 2013

Have been staying at the hotel over the last few weeks on business and have no complaints whatsoever. Hotel is clean, food is good and staff are welcoming.

I will be back staying at the Queensferry in the new year and would recommend to everyone.

Room Tip: Rooms at rear are quieter than those at the front.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Louisa C, Sales Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Edinburgh - Queensferry Crossing, responded to this reviewResponded December 27, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I'm pleased to note that you have had a pleasant stay. I have passed your kind comments on to the rest of the team and look forward to welcoming you back to the Queensferry Hotel soon.