“queensferry hotel”

The Queensferry Hotel
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“queensferry hotel”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2013

outdated hotel with poor amenities, food and very slow service. would not recommend staying here. corridor smells like cigarette smoke ALL the time. room service of 2 pieces of cake took over 45 minutes to be delivered.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Louisa C, Sales Manager at The Queensferry Hotel, responded to this review, December 3, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us at The Queensferry Hotel. I'm sorry that you didn't enjoy your stay with us. Some of the hotel is a little tired however we are due to enter into a period of total refurbishment starting in the next couple of weeks. This will include a total overhaul of all public areas including the function suits and the gardens, the introduction of a gym, all bedrooms will be refurbished and there is a planned extension to the bedroom stock.

I am sorry that you found the service to be slow I have passed on your comments to the Food and beverage team who will be reviewing staffing levels and ensure that room service is always delivered within the time standards set.

I hope that your experience hasn't deterred you too heavily and hope that with time you will reconsider staying with us at the Queensferry Hotel again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (148)
  • Hungarian first
Essex. UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2013

Stayed here four nights, basic but clean and comfortable,tea/coffee facilities in room replenished every day. Food was good, no problems there, if you don't want buffet at breakfast, you can ask chef to plate a breakfast up, brilliant. Not enough staff on though, could do with more, as staff not only had to serve food, but also manage bar. Staff were very friendly and helpful even though rushed off their feet while we were there. Excellent location for visiting all around Scotland as close to M9, amazing country. Would we stay again, yes we would providing the management takes note of lack of staffing.

Room Tip: Overlooking the River.........................
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Louisa C, Sales Manager at The Queensferry Hotel, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us at The Queensferry Hotel. I'm pleased that you had an enjoyable stay and found the food good and the staff pleasant. I have passed on your comments regarding the levels of staffing to our General Manager who will be reviewing this more closely. I look forward to welcoming you back to Scotland soon.
Alness, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2013

Stayed previously and you get what you pay for here - quiet happy to stay again.

The only disappointment was the food - firstly told kitchen where over run with orders - neither the bar or restaurant looked busy - maybe 10-15 people in.

Our food took a while to arrive.

The breakfast wasn't much to talk about - poor choice, poor quality - could do better.

The bar person (young lady) was working everywhere - waitressing, bar service, answering telephone - she certainly earned her wages!! Great employee!!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Louisa C, Sales Manager at The Queensferry Hotel, responded to this review, November 15, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. Whilst I am pleased to read that you would stay here again it is disappointing to note that you found the food disappointing. I have passed on your comments to the food and beverage team who will review them with the kitchen staff.

I hope that you will return to the Queensferry Hotel soon.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here the night before we went on holiday flying from Edinburgh as it was close to park and ride. I used to stay in this hotel regularly for business but on return I knew why I moved elsewhere. The main points are where to sit for a drink - your in the middle of a corridor. Also the night we visited there was a loud crowd at the bar and so due to the narrowness of it this restricted access and egress to the Restaurant and so we went elsewhere. The room was ok but was same as when I stayed 4-5 years previous and in need of an upgrade. The main good constant thing if the hotel was Leanah who as usual was a star

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Louisa C, Sales Manager at The Queensferry Hotel, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us at The Queensferry Hotel. I am disappointed to read that you have taken your business elsewhere. The location of the bar is not ideal however we are due to enter into a period of total refurbishment starting in the next couple of weeks. This will include a total overhaul of all public areas including the function suits and the gardens, the introduction of a gym, all bedrooms will be refurbished and there is a planned extension to the bedroom stock.

I have passed on your kind comments to Leanne - she really is a great asset to the hotel. I hope that we will be able to welcome you back soon.
Chester, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2013

I've stayed here with my husband for three nights and it was disappointing, to say at least. The rooms are in desperate need of refurbishment as the furniture, carpet and paint were very old, hence the bad smell. At least the bed was comfortable...but that's about it.
The bathroom had not been cleaned properly as we found someone else's hair in the bathtub. Also, there was dust everywhere.
The food was OK, nothing special, and the staff overstretched and in need of a little more training as they were't quite sure about what they have in the menu and what the supplement is.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us - guest feedback is very important in helping us to improve and develop. I'm sorry that you felt that the room was outdated we are due to enter into a period of total refurbishment starting in the next couple of weeks. This will include a total overhaul of all public areas including the function suits and the gardens, the introduction of a gym, all bedrooms will be refurbished and there is a planned extension to the bedroom stock.

I have passed your comments regarding the staff training and food onto our Food and Beverage team who will be implementing further training to ensure that all standards are met.

I hope that your experience has not deterred you to significantly and that with time you will return to The Queensferry Hotel again.

Travelers are raving about these North Queensferry hotels

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2013

Stayed here for one night on my way to Edinburgh airport. Staff were very friendly and the evening meal was excellent. I found out that I had been given an upgrade in the room as the hotel was quiet that evening! Excellent! A great view over the Forth. Some bits needing upgraded but room very clean.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us at The Queensferry Hotel. We do try to upgrade our guests where possible if the availability allows. I'm pleased that you had an enjoyable stay and look forward to welcoming you back to Fife soon.
Greenock, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2013

Visited this hotel as part of a treasure hunt, there was around 80 people in this event.. Was very impressed with the location of the hotel, lovely views over the River Forth and the bridge... main public areas were tastefully decorated... was a bit disappointed in the state of the carpets/walls leading to the room, covered in horrible stains... this carpet could do with a revamp... bedroom was ok, and I did sleep very well in the comfortable bed. I was very disappointed with the lack of option in the menu choice for vegetarians. I am not vegetarian myself, but did order the "Vegetarian Option" from the menu. The "option" was take it or leave it? I received rice, sweetcorn and a couple of mushrooms... lacked any imagination and not at all satisfactory. The function was staffed by 3 young staff. 2 took the orders for food, then served the food... and 1 new member of staff serving in the bar... it too a very very very long time to receive our meals, and the young guy in the bar, was struggling.
Despite this we had a very good night, mainly due to the efforts of our hosts.
The staff again were overwhelmed at breakfast...
Could be a great hotel with a bit of an up date of the decor, and having much more staff, when there is a large number of guests booked.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Louisa C, Sales Manager at The Queensferry Hotel, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I am sorry that you found the service during your function to be disappointing. You are correct this event was understaffed due to staff illness at short notice. This ultimately impacted on the service on the night for which I am sorry. Normally there is only one vegetarian choice at function and the choice was made prior to the event by the organisers. I am glad that you found the location of the hotel good and that overall you had an enjoyable evening overall. I hope that you will return to the Queensferry Hotel soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near North Queensferry
Dakota Edinburgh
Dakota Edinburgh
#1 of 4 in South Queensferry
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,802 reviews
Premier Inn Edinburgh (South Queensferry) Hotel
Premier Inn Edinburgh (South Que...
#2 of 4 in South Queensferry
The Staghead Hotel
The Staghead Hotel
#4 of 4 in South Queensferry
Best Western Plus Keavil House Hotel

Been to The Queensferry Hotel? Share your experiences!