“Pre holiday stay”

The Queensferry Hotel
“Pre holiday stay”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here the night before we went on holiday flying from Edinburgh as it was close to park and ride. I used to stay in this hotel regularly for business but on return I knew why I moved elsewhere. The main points are where to sit for a drink - your in the middle of a corridor. Also the night we visited there was a loud crowd at the bar and so due to the narrowness of it this restricted access and egress to the Restaurant and so we went elsewhere. The room was ok but was same as when I stayed 4-5 years previous and in need of an upgrade. The main good constant thing if the hotel was Leanah who as usual was a star

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Louisa C, Sales Manager at The Queensferry Hotel, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us at The Queensferry Hotel. I am disappointed to read that you have taken your business elsewhere. The location of the bar is not ideal however we are due to enter into a period of total refurbishment starting in the next couple of weeks. This will include a total overhaul of all public areas including the function suits and the gardens, the introduction of a gym, all bedrooms will be refurbished and there is a planned extension to the bedroom stock.

I have passed on your kind comments to Leanne - she really is a great asset to the hotel. I hope that we will be able to welcome you back soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (147)
  • Hungarian first
Chester, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2013

I've stayed here with my husband for three nights and it was disappointing, to say at least. The rooms are in desperate need of refurbishment as the furniture, carpet and paint were very old, hence the bad smell. At least the bed was comfortable...but that's about it.
The bathroom had not been cleaned properly as we found someone else's hair in the bathtub. Also, there was dust everywhere.
The food was OK, nothing special, and the staff overstretched and in need of a little more training as they were't quite sure about what they have in the menu and what the supplement is.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us - guest feedback is very important in helping us to improve and develop. I'm sorry that you felt that the room was outdated we are due to enter into a period of total refurbishment starting in the next couple of weeks. This will include a total overhaul of all public areas including the function suits and the gardens, the introduction of a gym, all bedrooms will be refurbished and there is a planned extension to the bedroom stock.

I have passed your comments regarding the staff training and food onto our Food and Beverage team who will be implementing further training to ensure that all standards are met.

I hope that your experience has not deterred you to significantly and that with time you will return to The Queensferry Hotel again.

Travelers are raving about these North Queensferry hotels

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2013

Stayed here for one night on my way to Edinburgh airport. Staff were very friendly and the evening meal was excellent. I found out that I had been given an upgrade in the room as the hotel was quiet that evening! Excellent! A great view over the Forth. Some bits needing upgraded but room very clean.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us at The Queensferry Hotel. We do try to upgrade our guests where possible if the availability allows. I'm pleased that you had an enjoyable stay and look forward to welcoming you back to Fife soon.
Greenock, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2013

Visited this hotel as part of a treasure hunt, there was around 80 people in this event.. Was very impressed with the location of the hotel, lovely views over the River Forth and the bridge... main public areas were tastefully decorated... was a bit disappointed in the state of the carpets/walls leading to the room, covered in horrible stains... this carpet could do with a revamp... bedroom was ok, and I did sleep very well in the comfortable bed. I was very disappointed with the lack of option in the menu choice for vegetarians. I am not vegetarian myself, but did order the "Vegetarian Option" from the menu. The "option" was take it or leave it? I received rice, sweetcorn and a couple of mushrooms... lacked any imagination and not at all satisfactory. The function was staffed by 3 young staff. 2 took the orders for food, then served the food... and 1 new member of staff serving in the bar... it too a very very very long time to receive our meals, and the young guy in the bar, was struggling.
Despite this we had a very good night, mainly due to the efforts of our hosts.
The staff again were overwhelmed at breakfast...
Could be a great hotel with a bit of an up date of the decor, and having much more staff, when there is a large number of guests booked.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Louisa C, Sales Manager at The Queensferry Hotel, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I am sorry that you found the service during your function to be disappointing. You are correct this event was understaffed due to staff illness at short notice. This ultimately impacted on the service on the night for which I am sorry. Normally there is only one vegetarian choice at function and the choice was made prior to the event by the organisers. I am glad that you found the location of the hotel good and that overall you had an enjoyable evening overall. I hope that you will return to the Queensferry Hotel soon.
Scotland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2013

This hotel has an excellent location with spectacular views over the Firth of Forth and the Forth Road bridge. At the moment you also have the opportunity to watch the new Queensferry Crossing Bridge being built. The hotel has function suites and a restaurant with picture windows.
We called in on our way north. We wanted either a lunch or a snack.
The restaurant was deserted but it was 2:30 p.m. It was cold and lacked any kind of atmosphere .
The staff were very helpful and friendly at all times. They were quick and efficient.
We ordered cock-a-leekie soup which was delicious although I was surprised to find rice instead of barley in the soup. It wasn't the authentic Scottish recipe.
Our main meal was steak pie with seasonal vegetables . The meal was dreadful. The pastry met the pie filling seconds before serving and wasn't a steak pie. The stewed steak was tough,gristly and lacking gravy. The vegetables were tasteless which gravy may have improved.
We weren't charged for this main course,which we couldn't eat.
It's amazing that a hotel of this quality couldn't serve a decent meal. It will be a huge disappointment to visiting tourists.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent dining experience with us in the our North Shore Restaurant. I am sorry to read that you found your main meal so disappointing. We do pride ourselves on offering an excellent standard of food and service and it seems as tough on this occasion we have fallen short of the mark. I am pleased however that you found that staff helpful and courteous and enjoyed our excellent views. I hope that with time you will reconsider dining with us at The Queensferry Hotel again.
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2013 via mobile

I stayed in the hotel with my partner for 4 nights. The room was spacious, nice with two double beds. The view from our room over the bridge and bay was stunning adding to overall ambiance and peaceful atmosphere of the hotel. Breakfast was nice with generous selection. Evening meals were of a high quality, yet again views from the restaurant were great. Fully recommend.

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us, customer feed back is very important in helping us improve and develop. I am glad that you had an enjoyable stay and I have passed on your kind comments to rest of the team and look forward to welcoming you back to the Queensferry Hotel soon.
Truro, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2013

Stayed overnight after a family function in the hotel. Good points - friendly staff in the main - particularly breakfast waitress, good fried breakfast. Bad points - the rest of the breakfast. Hard bread for the toaster, sad looking buffet, coldish coffee from the urn, very sticky floor in front of the buffet area. No mobile phone signal. TV stopped working - it said there was no signal. Only half a roll of loo paper in bathroom. Paid extra for an executive twin. I asked what made it an executive rather than an ordinary twin and was told it was the décor!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Louisa C, Sales Manager at The Queensferry Hotel, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us at The Queensferry Hotel I'm saddened to hear you were disappointed in your time with us. I have passed the points you raise onto the food and beverage team and they will be reviewing procedures to ensure that the breakfast buffet is always available at the highest possible standard. We are due to enter into a period of extensive refurbishment including all bedrooms. I am glad, however, to read that you found the staff to pleasant. I hope that you will reconsider coming back to The Queensferry Hotel soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near North Queensferry
Dakota Edinburgh
Dakota Edinburgh
#1 of 4 in South Queensferry
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,802 reviews
Premier Inn Edinburgh (South Queensferry) Hotel
Premier Inn Edinburgh (South Que...
#2 of 4 in South Queensferry
The Staghead Hotel
The Staghead Hotel
#4 of 4 in South Queensferry
Best Western Plus Keavil House Hotel

Been to The Queensferry Hotel? Share your experiences!