“Lovely Hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles

The Queensferry Hotel
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Lovely Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2013

Spent a night with my husband through a living social voucher. We upgraded our room for £15 had a view of the Forth and the Forth Road Bridge it was lovely. Afternoon tea was included too much couldn't eat it all but managed to drink the prosecco that was also included.
Breakfast was a buffet with plenty of selection.
Decor a bit tired but spotlessly clean. Would definitely recommend.

Room Tip: Executive top floor brilliant view
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Louisa C, Sales Manager at The Queensferry Hotel, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I'm pleased that you had an comfortable stay and enjoyed your afternoon tea. I have passed your kind comments onto the rest of the team.

The hotel is a little tired in places, however we are due to enter into a period of total refurbishment starting in the next couple of weeks. This will include a total overhaul of all public areas including the function suits and the gardens, the introduction of a gym, all bedrooms will be refurbished and there is a planned extension to the bedroom stock.

The refurbishment is due to be completed by March 2014 so I hope that you will return to see the changes that have been made.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (145)
  • Hungarian first
glenrothes
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2013

Having past this hotel so many times but never visiting, my sister, myself and friend decided to have lunch there. First impressions, great view of the bridge and passing ships. The outside needs a bit of attention, plant pots with dead trees etc. Inside the layout is impressive, but again in need of some sprucing up. We made our way to the restaurant and we were met by a nice friendly member of staff who then told us that we could only have soup and sandwiches for lunch as the chef had gone and the next chef didn't start until 1.30pm, this was at 12.45! We decided we could make do with the sandwiches and so we were served with a bowl of soup which was okay, and a Panini with a sad side salad of a few leaves of rocket, a dollop of coleslaw and half a dozen crisps. We also had tea or coffee and a very small scone, and the bill came to £15 each. Also my sister had a voucher for lunch but because we couldn't chose something from the lunch menu, she was told she couldn't use it. I feel that due to the fact we couldn't have anything other than what we had, they should have made an exception. Such a pity, this hotel should be a gem, and could be, but it does need to raise its game substantially. Disappointing, and unfortunately we shall be having lunch elsewhere in future!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank jasGlenrothes
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I am saddened to read that your experience was so disappointing. We are currently in the process of investigating what happened in regards to no chef being on duty and will reply to the letter which you had sent to the hotel as soon possible. Can I just take the opportunity to apologise again for your experience and hope that with time you will reconsider using the Queensferry Hotel again.

Travelers are raving about these North Queensferry hotels

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2013

We had a home disaster and enlisted the help to stay at the Queensferry Hotel. Not only were they accommodating in every possible it was so nice to actually have Kind and Genuine staff actually taking there time to help is with anything we needed. They took the time to interact with our Daughter and also provided us with a service that seems to have dissapeard from the british hospitality trade. Thank you to all the reception, Bar and Restaurant staff who made our difficult experience so much more like being at home.

• Stayed September 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I'm pleased that what was a very difficult situation for you was made marginally better by the kindness and hospitality of our staff. I have passed your kind words onto the rest of the team. Hopefully there will be no more disasters at home but hope that you will be back to stay with us again soon.
Manchester, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2013

The best thing about this hotel was the view, everything else was a disappointment.

The hotel feels old and outdated, it could do with a well needed refurbishment.

The staff we run ragged and trying to get a drink at the bar was a challenge. The bar staff were waiting on tables in the restaurant as well as looking after a function happening in another part of the hotel. Trying to attract their attention was almost impossible and when I eventually did I was told 'with you in a few minutes' by the very abrupt bar lady who was too busy ordering other staff around to serve customers......

Some of the staff are equipped with radio's and they we busy chatting on them with the volume on full. It was like being in an airport baggage reclaim hall ! We were sitting trying to discuss business and all we could hear were hissing / crackling radio conversations...

The food was average and the service was slow. This could have been partly because of the function taking place.

The bedroom was again average, the carpet was filthy though and needed a good clean, the bed was reasonably comfortable however room was above the function room, the noise from the disco was not pleasant..

My colleague had a room elsewhere in the hotel and the door lock was broken and couldn't be locked.

On check out I went to pay for the two rooms we had been in and asked for a combined bill.. This was greeted by a loud tut ! from the girl behind the front desk..

I definitely wont be staying at The Queensferry again, very disappointing indeed

Room Tip: Stay away from the function room !
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Louisa C, Sales Manager at The Queensferry Hotel, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. Customer feedback is essential in helping us develop and move forward. I am sorry that you were disappointed by your stay with us. The hotel is due to undergo a massive refurbishment programme which will include all public areas, grounds and the bedrooms with a planned expansion of the bedroom stock.

I am disappointed to read that you found the service to be lacking as this is something which we really pride ourselves on.

I hope that with time you will reconsider staying with us again.
Frinton-On-Sea, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2013

What a lovely view! It's a shame the hotel was a bit of a let down. Peeling paint and varnish greeted us as we drove into the car park. The reception area had a large spillage of what appeared to be rock salt on the floor, which was still there a few hours later when we left for our evening meal. The receptionist was very pleasant. We were told that we were upgraded to a family room as there were three in our party to which my husband replied " I thought that was what i had booked?" Our room looked a bit tired and the single bed my daughter had to sleep in was very stained looking on the sides. We also had to ask for extra towels and cup and saucer. The room was on the back of the hotel looking out onto a rock face just outside the window; a bit disappointing as the hotel did not appear to be very full at the time.Our room was right near the fire escape which seemed to be left permenately ajar on which a very old glass of half drunk beer was left to gather leaves.
We and other guests had to ask for a couple of things to be topped up at breakfast, but it was the nicest Haggis we had. There seemed to be a lack of staff. At our last breakfast we were distinctly rushed through. The hotel needed a bit of a spruce up. The view from the resturant was lovely but spoilt by some very dead looking conifers in pots, one of which had toppled over on the balcony. Value for money, there was no comparison to our next stay. We would not stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I'm sorry that you found your time with us disappointing.

The hotel is about to embark on a huge refurbishment programme including all bedrooms and public areas and re landscaping the gardens. This will address many of the points you raise. I have highlighted to the housekeeping department to half empty glasses outside your window - I am sure that has just been an oversight.

I am sorry that you felt that you were rushed through breakfast and that the service you received wasn't as good as it should have been. I hope that with time you will reconsider another stay with us.
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2013

The wife and I arrived this hotel after spending all day at the Leuchars Airshow and a day in Edinburgh planned for the Sunday. We parked up directly outside the entrance. I must say the car park is large and plenty of spaces to be had.

The woman at reception was very efficient checking us in in a matter of seconds. We were given directions to our room and off we went... Room 215 was at the end of the corridor which was great...for a while. I'll explain in detail soon.

We settled in and I hopped into the shower, it's clean, powerful and very hot. It was just what I needed after a busy day. I sat and watched some telly and then headed for bed. It was around 10pm I heard a bang. Me being a curios safety conscious person I jumped out of bed ready to attack who ever made the noise. I waited a few minuets and nothing else was heard.

So at the end of a corridor? Less traffic less people less noise right? Wrong! For some reason 2 girls decided to perform the highland fling outside our room banging and squeaking as well as screaming and shouting. I was less than impressed and sat on the bed allowing them a few minuets to shut up. They eventually did shut up and no action was required however. I later discovered these 2 girls were playing with the door at the end of the corridor. Which bangs and bangs loudly. Explains the previous bang also. So my advise is to ask for a room where no doors are going to used as a through way.

I appreciate the above is not the hotel or staff fault but I do feel the door should have a gentle close action to prevent it banging when people go through it. I would also recommend some "please be quiet, guests are trying to sleep" signs posted at these doors so others guests are quiet and no screaming and shouting from 2 young girls disturbs potentially the whole level.

Overall the room was excellent, the service was outstanding and everything was clean and tidy.

I would use again but would ask for a different room.

Stayed Saturday 7th September 2013

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from doors and stairways.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Greg B
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I'm pleased to note that overall you found your stay to be very enjoyable and have passed your kind comments to the rest of the staff. I can only apologise for the disturbance caused by other guests and have passed your suggestions on to my general manager for her consideration. I hope that this experience has not deterred your from returning and look forward to welcoming you back to the Queensferry Hotel soon.
Glasgow, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

You get the feeling this hotel is ready for a good going over. It appears a bit tired inside and out. The food was good and the staff tried hard and the room was clean and tidy. Some of the public areas needed a vacuum. With the brilliant views on offer and the two bridges a two minute walk away this hotel should be a winner but it needs a bit of effort.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank DJK57
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I am sorry that your found your stay a little disappointing. Some of the décor in the hotel is tired however we are due to undertake a 2.3 million pound refurbishment programme staring in the next couple of weeks. This will encompass all bedrooms and public areas. There will also be extensive work done to the gardens.

I am glad, however, that you enjoyed the food and that the staff were pleasant and helpful. I look forward to welcoming you back to The Queensferry Hotel once the refurbishment has been completed.
Also consider these accommodations in or near North Queensferry
Dakota Edinburgh
#1 of 4 in South Queensferry
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,779 reviews
Premier Inn Edinburgh (South Que...
#2 of 4 in South Queensferry
The Staghead Hotel
#4 of 4 in South Queensferry
Airport
DoubleTree by Hilton Edinburgh Airport

Been to The Queensferry Hotel? Share your experiences!