“Stunning views in a magnificent hotel”

The Queensferry Hotel
London, United Kingdom
“Stunning views in a magnificent hotel”
Reviewed October 12, 2011

The hotel's location is second to none - it has stunning views from all over the hotel because it has great big windows in the hallway, restaurant, the rooms and even the reception area! I absolutely feel in love with it!

Modern rooms, very quiet and a very comfortable bed made me feel like I was floating on a cloud. The room was so clean and modern, quite big also.

Moreover, the staff's customer service was impressive, from the reception to the restaurant, the people working there are lovely. The manager Stuart is very nice and a member of staff called Craig was just lovely making the evening in the restaurant so pleasant for us!

Room Tip: You definitely need to ask for a room with a view of the bridge and the water because the views are...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank andraoprea

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (147)
  • Hungarian first
Preston, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 12, 2011

A short walk down The Brae from the railway station , and then turn right at the shore for a 5 min walk to this hotel . Welcoming reception staff , clean room , powerful shower , quiet surroundings , excellent vista of the river and a fill your boots breakfast . Impressed with the restaurant manager who appeased a couple of complainants at breakfast ( there was no reason whatsoever for their food gripe ) and infact all the staff were very helpful indeed .

nb. The sign outside says Queensferry Hotel , and does not mention Brook !!

We will be going back soon !!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Chester, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 6, 2011

Our trip to Edinburgh was well overdue, however the people you encounter in life often impact the overall experience that you have. A simple thank you just isn't enough to express our gratitude for the friendliness and helpfulness extended to all of the staff that we encountered at this hotel. They are certainly an asset to this hotel which we have no hesitation in recommending.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Ted J
StuartGrant, General Manager at The Queensferry Hotel, responded to this review, October 8, 2011
Dear Ted J

Thank you very much for your kind comments that you have posted with regrads to our teams performance. I have posted a copy of your feedback on our staff board which that are all very proud of.

Thanks again and looking forward to welcoming you back to our hotel.

Stuart Grant
Hoogeveen, Netherlands
Reviewed September 30, 2011

This was the last hotel on our roundtrip of Scotland. We stayed here for two nights in August.

Check in at reception was amazing. The receptionists were friendly, happy and helpful. They told us how to get into Edinburgh (busstops are very near, within walking distance of the hotel), and informed us that if we were to have dinner in the restaurant, we'd better do so before or after a certain time because of a few coaches with other tourists arriving and having dinner all at once. Also, our rooms apparently were booked quite far away from each other, and the receptionist picked up on that and changed it so that we had rooms across from each other. We didn't ask for that, she picked up on it herself. Very thoughtful.

Our rooms were at the far end of the hotel, and there was an obvious separation between an older part which holds the reception, restaurant, conference rooms and a few rooms, and the new part where we were. The whole hotel is light and spacious, with tasteful decoration, and throughout the hotel you can see photos of the construction of the two famous bridges across the Firth of Forth.

My room was very light and spacious, with a double bed and a single. It was the most comfortable of all hotel beds I slept in during this roundtrip.
It had a lovely desk, the only desk I used for my laptop in all the hotels we stayed in. It was large, with outlets in convenient places, and a desk light.
Unfortunately, my view consisted of a sandy 'hill' and trees. But there are bunnies there, so that's cute.
My parents' room had a view of the bridges.

That night we had dinner in the bar. The food was good, and not too expensive. Some staff in the bar was slightly less interested, unfortunately. They asked my dad if he wanted something else to drink, but not my mum and me. When we wanted to say that we'd like some, the waitress'd already turned her back to us and walked away.

Breakfast was a buffet, with sausage, scrambled eggs, black pudding, toast... Full English, but in an 'all you can eat' form. From the restaurant, there are amazing views of the bridges.

There's free wifi available in the entire hotel. You get a password from reception which is valid for 24 hours. After 24 hours, you can get a new one.

The TV had a lot of channels and had good reception.

The hotel is ideally situated, right on the A90 to Edinburgh, and the busstops are along the A90 as well. It has amazing views over the Firth of Forth and the bridges, with an official viewpoint on its grounds.

I would definitely recommend this hotel, and would stay there again myself.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank MissBoom
North east Scotland
Reviewed September 24, 2011

A nice welcome at reception, room was basic but clean and tidy, no view of river unfortunately. There was a strange smell in the room, like it used to be a smoking room  We booked table and had a good view of the bridge, the restaurant was very cold, no heating on a cold windy night. The waitress seemed a bit odd, would  not take our meal order at the same time as our drinks order. Took our drinks order and then went to the next table to take food order, odd  Came back 5 mins later to take food order. Menu had no price on it, so we had to ask how much the food was, 3 courses for £12.95, seemed good value and quality was average, we got what we paid for. I felt sorry for the couple next to us, waited at least 30 minutes from finishing main course to getting their plates cleared, service was poor, slow and no attention was paid unless seating people or delivering food and it was not busy. I would suggest frankie and Bennys across the bridge. Bed was comfy, can't comment on breakfast as we had to leave at 4am.

• Stayed September 2011
1 Thank jamesbond007_10
StuartGrant, General Manager at The Queensferry Hotel, responded to this review, September 27, 2011
Dear James Bond,

Thank you for posting your comments on Trip Advisor and I am sincreely sorry to hear about your experience. Our business is all about guest service, and I would ask you to kindly contact me where I can discuss your feedback in more detail.

Yours sincerely

Stuart Grant - General Manager - Stuart.Grant@brook-hotels.co.uk
Tel 01383-410000
Ayrshire
Reviewed September 22, 2011

My Husband and I stayed here for our 10th Wedding Anniversary and everyone made our weekend extra special. This Hotel has a great team of staff. All were really nice, and very friendly, they all took time to talk to their customers even though they were busy. We were really delighted with our room (No 212) it was very spacious and overlooked the Firth of Forth, and I would choose the same room when I return. Our evening meals in the North Shore Restaurant were excellent and breakfast is self service which suits us. The location - for us, it was perfect, we left the car and took a train into Edinburgh, more relaxing than taking the car into Edinburgh City Centre. The staff - I would like to mention the following :- Craig, Dennis, Nicole and Kyle. I would highly recommend this hotel to others and we will definately be back. Many Thanks for a wonderful weekend.

Irene & Ian Milne.

Room Tip: Room 212 - On the second floor with Views Across The Firth Of Forth & The Forth Road Bridge.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ILM4759
StuartGrant, General Manager at The Queensferry Hotel, responded to this review, September 28, 2011
Dear ILM4759,

Thank you very much for posting your feedback on Trip Advisor and I was delighted to hear that my team took good care of you. We have a very good team here at the hotel, and I will be ensuring that they are all recognised.

Looking forward to welcoming you back.

Stuart Grant - General Manager
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 17, 2011

Stayed B+B for two nights when the fringe festival was on in August. Well located on the outskirts of Edinburgh, just a 5 min walk to the Bus Stop, a nice hotel, with a spacious lounge. Our room was very spacious, it was an executive room, good size bathroom with nice toiletries. Enormous bed & flat screen tv. No minibar or comp waters etc. The hotel offers Free wifi. Breakfast was very nice & had a fair selection to choose from with omlettes cooked to order. Staff were all very polite and very helpful and seemed very busy, and a special mention to Nicole on reception. It was very busy when we stayed, but we were able to check in early and also left our bags there when we checked out. We have booked again for next year,

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Mandy H
StuartGrant, General Manager at The Queensferry Hotel, responded to this review, September 24, 2011
Dear Mandy,

Many thanks for posting your comments on Trip Advisor and I was very pleased to read that our team took good care of you and that you enyoyed your stay with us. We are looking forward to welcoming you back next year, if not before.

Stuart Grant - General Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near North Queensferry
Dakota Edinburgh
#1 of 4 in South Queensferry
Premier Inn Edinburgh (South Que...
#2 of 4 in South Queensferry
The Staghead Hotel
#4 of 4 in South Queensferry
Airport
DoubleTree by Hilton Edinburgh Airport

Been to The Queensferry Hotel? Share your experiences!