“Tasty food, friendly staff, happy customers!”
Review of Rankin's Cafe

Rankin's Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Small cafe serving fresh tasty food and great coffee (and Tea)
Crewe, United Kingdom
“Tasty food, friendly staff, happy customers!”
Reviewed March 11, 2014

Once again we visited Rankin's on a visit to North Queensferry. The full breakfast with haggis is still as good as ever and they went out of their way to accomodate our group with a baby too. Thank you Rankin's, you make the trip from England worthwhile!

• Visited March 2014

SCOTLAND
“Hidden gem”
Reviewed March 9, 2014 via mobile

Rankins cafe is one of those wee cafe's that you run into on a wet day and wonder why you've never been in before. However once known you go back time and time again. The food is lovely and fresh, last time we were there I had a ploughmans lunch and all I can say is -Delicious - everything that it should have been and more. It is quite honestly a perfect little cafe. Almost reluctant to let people know about it!

• Visited March 2014
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Best Breakfast. Ever.”
Reviewed February 9, 2014

Have just enjoyed what was possible the best - and best value - breakfast ever. A superb full Scottish, good ingredients, piping hot and perfectly cooked. Others in the party had an amazing dish of waffles with crispy bacon, eggs and maple syrup which was, apparently, just as good.

The price for 4 was under £25 - which is less than you'd pay for two stodgy reheated buffet breakfasts in a "quality" hotel.

This is a small cafe with a few tables, friendly staff and imaginative decor. The definition of 3 star in Michelin.is "worth a journey in its own right". Rankin's is.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Mark T
North Queensferry, United Kingdom
“warm and friendly with great food”
Reviewed December 23, 2013

One of the best places for lunch in Fife. I’d thoroughly recommend the all day breakfast with a pot of tea. Friendly service, and warm atmosphere. I wish there were more places like this.

• Visited December 2013
Inverkeithing, United Kingdom
“Welcoming friendly establishment”
Reviewed December 12, 2013

I have now been to Rankins 6 time in the last 2 months and it has fast became my favourite place for breakfast, brunch or lunch,

I have mainly been with my partner and 6 year old daughter and we have almost become creatures of habit with what we order. We really cant see past the All day breakfast for value for money and quality food. The ingredients are tasty and well cooked and not only do you get your plate of sausage, bacon, egg (cooked to liking) haggis, black pudding, mushrooms and beans but also white or brown toast, jam or marmalade and tea or coffee all included in the price.

My daughter loves the cheese and ham toastie and we have also tried the greek platter (seasonal) and various cakes and tray bakes. There is also a deli element to this cafe and I love having a look at the different products for sale and have often bought the odd little jar of something or other. I like the little extra touches like the Dominoes and noughts and crosses which my daughter demands a re-match every time we go!

I am off on holiday in the run up to Christmas and I will be popping in next week to write out some christmas cards in a nice relaxed setting over a coffee or breakfast.

• Visited November 2013