“Very disappointing”

Ferrybridge Hotel
Cuisines: Scottish
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Located in North Queensferry near Edinburgh underneath the Bridges.
Reviewed August 21, 2012

Had been there, many years ago, not long after it had been rechristened as the Ferrybridge (formerly the 'Roxburgh'). It was very good then, so I had hoped to impress my companion. But it was a disaster. The waitress, taking away the uneaten plateful, exclaimed audibly: "what a waste!" Charming.

I cannot understand the rave reviews on this site. I shall avoid the Ferrybridge in future.

3  Thank Harry729
There are newer reviews for Ferrybridge Hotel

Reviewed August 5, 2012

We booked a meal and were surprised to find very few people in there - however, the meal we orderd was very good, though not necessarily fresh - we thought the freezer had been well used but it did not detract from the quality of the meal!

Reviewed July 21, 2012

A recent visit to Ferrybridge Hotel for lunch was a never-to-be-repeated experience. The bar and restaurant are dated and shabby, the general atmosphere poor. We ordered fish and chips which arrived overcooked and dry. The salad was frankly slimy and anything but fresh and the tartare sauce was plonked on the table with dirty fingerprints and drips all round the sides, having plainly been in the same bowl for several days. Disgusting. Never again!

4  Thank trishreid
Reviewed July 10, 2012

A friend and I visited the hotel for a bar lunch on a miserable cold and wet day. We weren't sure if the hotel was open and stuck our heads round the door to enquire, only to be warmly welcomed by the barman. Lunch was enjoyable and of the quality and quantity to be expected in a place like that. The previous occasion I'd visited must be all of 20 years ago and I swear not much had changed in that time. That's not meant as a criticism, more an observation and I rather enjoyed the nostalga. For a lunch, the Ferrybridge Hotel is rather pleasant.

Reviewed June 2, 2012

Atmosphere from the 70s, not updated but homely and welcoming. Food was surprisingly excellent and up to date. Would definately go back and happy to recommend.