“All that I could hope for on my first Links course”

Leven Thistle Golf Club
Ranked #3 of 9 things to do in Leven
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Lockers / storage, Activities for older children, Wheelchair access, Stairs / elevator, Activities for young children, Stroller parking, Food available for purchase
London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“All that I could hope for on my first Links course”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2013

I enjoyed a great evening playing at Leven Links. This was my first time on a Links course and it had everything I'd expected - rough to punish any loose shot, deep bunkers, firm greens and undulating fairways. The weather even produced a couple of seasons as you would expect. Still sunshine to begin, strong winds to follow and then dark rainy clouds to finish. The 6th hole was a real challenge. It's a par five following the curve of the course boundary and means any touch of slice means your ball is over the fence. The 18th is a hole straight from the Open Championship.

The clubhouse itself has a historic feel to match the club's old age (established in 1867). The bar staff were very friendly. The view of the course from the club, even in the dark cloud, was enough to take my mind off my rain soaked feet.

Visited August 2013