“Birthday dinner at the Agenda.”
Review of Agenda

Agenda
Ranked #6 of 43 Restaurants in Leven
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed August 13, 2013

Visited family in Leven from Essex had a great birthday meal. Food really nice and served piping hot. Service good, nice airy restaurant plenty of room not all squashed in. No loud music which is good for a Friday night so we could all talk and catchup. Will visit again next time we are up.

Reviewed August 12, 2013

Not a lot of choice in Leven, but this recommendation proved to be excellent. Good food in reasonable decor. Well looked after. We returned for a second visit.

1  Thank 1Macview
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Visit her on a regular basis, good food, reasonable cost, friendly laid back staff, very nice inside and good for kids, if people require 5* service go to a 5* restaurant.

1  Thank Birrell77
Reviewed June 17, 2013

If my review was based on looks then this place would get a high score - modern, spacious, very clean - however the service and food let it down.

Service - found this to be very poor - the young guys serving were keen to chat/gossip at the bar - never welcomed us to the table or explained the menu's/specials. You had to catch their attention to ask for everything. The only decent member of staff was the female on duty - who guessed that we hadn't been shown the 'other menu' however we had waited long enough and wanted to order.
The food was 'ok' at best - anything that it 'pie' is served with portion of stale tasting pastry that is all 'puff'. Chilli was nice - just not enough chips/rice to go with it; fish was good. Rest of the food was bland - very bland. The veg was fresh - saving grace I think.

I would go back if there was no other choice available in the area.

1  Thank bettyfithey
seank131071, Public Relations Manager at Agenda, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2013

Hi there. Thanks for the review. I am very sorry that your recent visit to Agenda wasn’t up to our normal standards. I would be grateful if you could drop a quick email to nikki.byrne@floodinns.co.uk and let us know when you were in and what the table name was booked under so that I can investigate what went wrong. We have been getting great feedback on food and service but clearly we didn’t deliver on this occasion and that is just unacceptable. I just hope that you will give us another chance to show you what we can do. Nikki

Reviewed June 10, 2013

Visitied this restaurant/bar in Scoonie last time I went home to Leven on holiday and was very pleasantly surprised as the food and ambience was great and the staff were very friendly and accomodating. As a vegetarian the choice was quite good as well. Never had gone into it when it was the Steppenwolf but I believe it has very much improved.....and it was hard to imagine it was the raincoat factory at the end of the road when I was growing up. Definately worth another visit next time we visit Leven but of course we will go to our usual haunts like the Denn Inn.

1  Thank CR1960