“A hidden Gem - HM”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed January 14, 2014

This is our third visit in 6 weeks and the experience just gets better. On arrival we were kindly seated at a table of our choice and drink orders taken and served promptly.While on our last visit I enquired about the possability of adding fish dishes to the menu.Low and behold although not on the menu, I was informed that if I wished for fish it would not be a problem as they had ordered some for the evening. The fish starter and main course were excellent on par if not better than a well known Indian in Glasgow that I have frequented often over the years. The remainder of the evening was very relaxing with the music and very pleasant ambience .The attentiveness of the staff was friendly and continued throughout the evening.So good in fact, that five of us have made a booking to return in the very near future.

Reviewed January 9, 2014

I have visited this restaurant on numerous occasions and have never been disappointed with the food or the staff. I try different dishes every time I visit and have always enjoyed what I have ordered. The 4 course deal for £8.95 is well worth the money as you can choose any starter or main dish from the menu. I have also visited at lunch time and ordered the 3 courses for £5.
It is fantastic having such a high quality Indian Restaurant in our home town. The restaurant itself is lovely and spacious and spotless with a relaxed atmosphere. I recommend this restaurant to everyone I know. This Restaurant is well worth a visit. You won't be disappointed.

Reviewed January 4, 2014

Great food at give away prices. We couldn't believe the quality of the food for what we paid at this restaurant. Very well presented, delicious food and attentive staff. We only paid £8.95 for 3 courses and we could pick any starter or main, including all curries that would usually be classed as chef specials in other Indian restaurants. We would highly recommend and would make sure we went back when in the area again.

Reviewed January 1, 2014

We eat at Taste of India reasonably regularly and this meal was just as good as previously experienced. The only down side was that the owner wasn't there on that particular night and we always enjoy a chat with her. Such a great restaurant and well worth a visit.

Reviewed December 28, 2013

We went here for our staff night out, excited by the set menu which allowed everyone to go as it was only a tenner. I don't expect much for this and boy was I wrong.
The restaurant is well decorated and the welcome was warm. 22 people were quickly settled and served with drinks. The meal order taken I expected small portions.....wrong.
The meal was very tasty, everyone seemed more than happy with what they had. My garlic chilli chicken was not mindblowingly hot but it was tasty. The pakora dip was a touch hotter than most expected, but it was delicious.
All in all the meal was lovely and stunning value for money. I am certainly going back and I am a fussy curry eater.
Recommended. Ten pound meal was poppadom, starter, rice or nan, curry and coffee or ice cream.