“Very Reliable and Friendly”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Caledonian Hotel

Caledonian Hotel
Ranked #20 of 43 Restaurants in Leven
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub, Scottish
Good for: Large groups, Kids, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Brunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Fife, Scotland
“Very Reliable and Friendly”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2013

Would consider this pub/restaurant to be my "local" even though I live two miles away.

Prices are very fair and I have never had any problems with the quality of glass or even the friendliness of bar staff.

Just when the menu of this establishment becomes predicable, they bring out a refreshed choice of food to keep one interest. I would rate anything on the menu between 4-5 stars which is fantastic for the price. Atmosphere is always very friendly, on the odd occasion quiet or busy, and there is often a familiar face seen who like me enjoy eating/drinking there.

Would highly recommend this joint for a friendly/relaxed occasion.

• Visited October 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
  • Polish first
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Hearty grub, good service, excellent coffee”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2013

Visited today for lunch with my pal. Do find your own table when you arrive - there is no meet and greet. Menu on table, pick your food, pay at the bar. Girl at the bar was helpfull, asked how we wanted our fish, in batter or breaded etc. Was asked what size coffee we wanted and I asked if they have mugs. She said 'no', its the big wide cup style ones. I said I didn't like them as the coffee gets cold too quick and she quickly offered to find some mugs for us. Coffee was of a very good quality, came in the mugs as promised, and arrived fast. The food arrived just as we finished the coffee. Fish was very good, no bones, large, crispy batter. Served with bog standard chips, about a large tablespoon of garden peas and a wee poke of tartare sauce. Our condiments, cutlery and napkins were brought to us. The bar area was pleasant and clean. The toilets were clean, not spotless, but nothing to complain about. Meal was plenty ample for a lunchtime serving for two lasses with good appetites. I would definately go back again, and recommend it. Planning on taking the husband and kids sometime over Christmas. My husband likes a gammon steak and I noticed a bloke sat down to a lovely one with two fried eggs on top - looked great!

• Visited November 2013
Levenmouth, United Kingdom
“Nearly 100%”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2013

Visited a few times with always the same complaint! Shortage of staff at bar to order food and drink. The food is very good value and the atmosphere is good. We've always found the staff very helpful and friendly. Please, put someone else on the till!!!

• Visited October 2013
Leven, United Kingdom
“first class”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2013

we go there often, the choice on the menu, and good value, the service was excellent. The staff was friendly. "Caley" the excellent.

• Visited September 2013
Leven, null, United Kingdom
“Rude and poor serivce”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2013

Will never be back after today, had a family meal booked for a birthday stated a corner table to be put at a completely different table. staff were rude and miserable refused to sell my partner alcohol (shes 23) table wasn't even ready for eating/sitting down to!

manager S miserable and nothing but attitude! i would 100% avoid the caledonian hotel!

P.S had a EXCELLENT meal at taste of india, glade we had made the choice to walk from this place.

• Visited August 2013