“Wonderful made in the USA goods”

Lynchburg Cake and Candy Company
Ranked #3 of 15 things to do in Lynchburg
Raleigh, NC
62 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 129 helpful votes
“Wonderful made in the USA goods”
Reviewed April 7, 2013

Followed the signs from town. Mr. Thomas makes you wish he was your Grandpa. Our tour was personal as we were the only family there. He gave us the history of how he got started and the day to day operations. It was a great learning experience for our college bound teens to hear of entrepreneurship, hard work, and the importance of made in the USA. Facility is super clean. We enjoyed the cake but really loved the whiskey balls! A highlight of Lynchburg.

Visited April 2013

Yellowknife, Canada
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 51 helpful votes
“A sweet treat :)”
Reviewed April 5, 2013

It takes nothing more than cake and candy to lure me in. We saw the sign off the main road and thought lets check it out. We stopped in and Mr. Thomas was soooo welcoming (true Southern Hospitality), he gave us the tour and the low down on his company. I was with my mother who is a business owner herself and not much impresses her but she was in awe of this well oiled machine. It was a pleasure to listen to the excitement in his voice as he spoke about how far this company has come. I was so impressed with this company. And I can tell you the BBQ sauce is award winning for a reason. And the cakes!!!! WOW... I want to see these products come to Canada. I can see the BBQ sauce being a big hit up here considering in the snowy months all you see are paths on the porch to the BBQ. Mr. Thomas if you read this I would recommend contacting a grocery store called Farm Boy Inc. in the Ottawa, ON region (selfishly this is where I live :P), but I can see the product line picking up at this store.

Springboro, Ohio, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“A tucked away little gem.”
Reviewed April 3, 2013

We visited the Jack Daniels distillery and saw a little sign for the Lynchburg Cake and Candy Company barely east of the distillery. We followed the signs and found the location just off route 55. Since it was off season, we were not sure they were open. After a few minutes, Billy Thomas came out and opened up the store. We stayed and talked for about 40 minutes learning about his goodies and how he makes them. It was real joy talking and hearing the pride he has in his baked treats. We could have stayed much longer but had to hit the road. We have not tried the cake or pecans (soon) but the Jack Daniels candy balls were pretty good.

If you like "mom & pop" type places then Billy Thomas is the guy for you. Stop in and see him and the business. You'll be glad you did! We will definitely visit again the next time we're through there.

BEACHFAMILY4
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Sweetest place ever!”
Reviewed March 11, 2013

Found this place on Tripadvisor and so glad we did! From the moment we walked in, the smell and warmth was amazing. Listening to Mr. Thomas speak with such pride about his shop just made me want to hug him! We left with over $100 worth of goodies, hand signed by Mr. Thomas for all of our friends. Take the 40 minutes and listen to the stories this retired accountant that took his beloved mother's yummy recipe and shared with the rest of the world! Thank you Mr. Thomas!

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Trip highlight!”
Reviewed March 9, 2013

No joke, this was the highlight of our visit to Lynchburg, Tennessee. What a pleasure it was to hear Mr. Thomas' stories! Couldn't ask for a nicer gentleman! Must visit while in TN!!!!