“Very interesting!”

Jack Daniel's Distillery
Ranked #1 of 18 things to do in Lynchburg
More attraction details
Owner description: Fifteen miles east of Lynchburg.
Reviewed December 8, 2014

My best friend and I took our mothers on this tour. It was very interesting and informative. Learned so much about the history of Jack Daniels and how it's made. Definitely worth your time.

Write a ReviewReviews (5,053)
All reviews
in 72 reviews
"walking tour"
in 98 reviews

Reviewed December 7, 2014

The place is friendly and clean. We took the first tasting tour the day after Thanksgiving which I'm glad we did as the place gets busy. There is stair climbing and inclines on the pavement so not the best for elderly or handicap. They take you through the various stages of the process except for the bottling which is done somewhere else. You can buy souvenir bottles which means special editions or not available everywhere. Can also get bottles engraved. The town of Lychnburg is where the souvenirs are and it is only a short walk from the distillery.

Reviewed December 7, 2014 via mobile

Let me start by saying, I am a moonshine lover. Real, or fake, I have never been big into aged whiskey, especially Tennessee Whiskey. I had done the sampling tour in Gatlinburg, and tried the other whiskey places there too. Though those were fun, it lacked history and entertainment.

Before I start, we did take the sample tour. We were told it has a few extra stops than the regular. It also seemed to open up the door for some "whiskey humor" that probably wouldn't be suggested for younger kids. Our tour guide was Brandie, and she was absolutely great! Very funny and knowledgeable. She made us feel like whiskey consumers, and friends rather than just an outsider. She answered all questions we had, and took her time with the stops. We never felt rushed, nor bored with a stop.

The atmosphere was absolutely spectacular! It wasn't looking for a "Smokey Mountain" feel like the ones in Gatlinburg. It was just a modern distillery with it's roots showing! Given, this wasn't the only distillery (larger facility down the road) it still produces volumes of the Single Barrel Select. Unlike the moonshine place that just produces for show purposes. We didn't feel forced to "take a step back" or had to imagine what it would have been like.

If you're traveling around Nashville, this is about 1 1/2 hours away, but worth the trip!

Reviewed December 7, 2014

Our tour guide was Jason and he made the tour unforgettable! I liked Jack before the tour, but I became a die-hard fan by the end. The employees took a lot of pride in their work and the tradition was inspiring. Now my wife is also a whiskey fan, ordering "whiskey sours with Jack" whenever we eat out.

See more reviews
Reviewed December 7, 2014

Went to Jack Daniels finally after passing by every year for the past 38 years and glad I finally did.Went on the1:45 min tasting tour and worth every penny.You get to see every corner of the distillery.You see were they make the charcol ,get there water,see the vats and yes even stick your nose up close (It almost gaged me lol)The tour guide was very good and funny and made the tour most enjoyable.would recommend going if your in the area.Just a side note I think the tour is free but we did the tasting tour at a cost of 10.00