“Great tour!”

and up
Nashville to Jack Daniel's Distillery and Back
Ranked #1 of 15 things to do in Lynchburg
More attraction details
Owner description: Fifteen miles east of Lynchburg.
Reviewed December 26, 2013

Very interesting tour! Basic tour is free, the tasting tour is $10 and includes three tastes and additional behind the scenes. Even if you aren't a whiskey drinker, which I am not, the tour and tasting is fun and interesting.

3  Thank trvelor

Reviewed December 26, 2013

I took my husband on a Bourbon/Whiskey tour for two weeks. One of the best trips we have every taken. My husband is a Jack fanatic and was the highlight of the trip. Our day started in Nashville and it was a quick drive to Lynchburg. We completed the tour with the best guide and finished with a tasting. The distillery was fantastic, being very clean and the tour was thorough. My husband is a Squire so we were taken to the private Squire room, which was simply amazing and made my husband's day even more special. After the tour we ate lunch at Miss Mary Bobo's Boarding House. The food, company and conversation was again the best! This is a must do when you are there. Make sure you have reservations! All of the little shops in Lynchburg were great too. And, you must stop to have some Jack ice cream at Prince's Parlor. A great day full of food, spirits, and history!

1  Thank Hiedi B
Reviewed December 25, 2013

Entertaining and Informative. The welcome center is spacious and well laid out with easy to view displays and interactive computers. The tour is an inside and outside, multi-media journey through the history of Jack Daniels and the ongoing distilling process. Our guide explained everything in just enough detail, answered questions, and offered comical insight...right down to the Tennessee peacocks walking the grounds (No Wild Turkey at this distillery).

1  Thank Dan_the_Man_Staziak
Reviewed December 24, 2013

Impressed with the tour guide and the facility. The tasting tour is about 1 hour 45 mins but it flew by. I'd say that the tasting was the icing on the cake of an excellent tour. I was entertained with more than just how to make Jack Daniels and my husband and I were very tempted to buy a barrel!! I'd get there early to avoid the rush of visitors as it was filling up fast after we arrived at 9:15.

Reviewed December 23, 2013

Several of us visited the distillery in November this year, and we had a great time. Our tour guide was friendly, knowledgeable and funny. He did a great job of explaining the history, the facility and the grounds, and I have a new appreciation for Jack! Previously, appreciation was only during consumption and the next day I wasn't too fond of Mr. Daniels! (ha).

It was really interesting to wander the grounds, in a gorgeous backdrop/setting, and see how the distillery process works, and to learn how things have changed from 1866 until now. I recommend the taste/sample tour where you get to have a sip of various products at the end. The county is dry, so you are not allowed more than a one ounce total here (by special county permission the distillery can now do this). It's worth it. After the tour, you get to sit down and try several whiskey types, and can actually compare Old No. 7 vs. Gentleman Jack, and I think we even got a sip of single barrel. It's not often you're able to actually sit and try a different whiskey and appreciate the differences.

Make sure to check out Lynchburg town when you're done.
I'd definitely return.