“Gotta go!”

Jack Daniel's Distillery
Ranked #1 of 18 things to do in Lynchburg
More attraction details
Owner description: Fifteen miles east of Lynchburg.
Reviewed July 23, 2013

I'm not a Jack Daniels fan but after this tour I change my mind. We opted for the sample tour which was $10.00 and lasts under two hours. They also have a free tour that lasts one hour with no samples. It was very interesting and informative. Learned how they arrive at their flavors and how it is tested. I think I'd like to be a tester there! Well worth going of the beaten path to tour it. Staff was informative and entertaining at the same time. Note; kids under drinking age not allowed on sample tour but I think they are allowed on the free one hour tour.

Write a ReviewReviews (5,054)
All reviews
in 72 reviews
"walking tour"
in 98 reviews

Reviewed July 22, 2013

Prior to finally taking a tour at Jack Daniels, for many years my husband and I would always comment that we should take a detour off i-24 on our drives between Atlanta and Nashville but took the time. So a few weeks back we finally made that detour and it was well worth it. Even if whiskey isn't your thing, this true Americana landmark is well worth the trip. We've taken a tour of the Makers Mark Distillery in Kentucky many years ago (which we enjoyed very much), so I was somewhat expecting the same type of facilities and tour. However, it ended up being quite the opposite. Our tour guide, I believe her name was Martha, was excellent. Oh, we took the free tour which ended up being approximately 1 hour 20 min. long. As many other reviewers mentioned, there is quite a bit of walking on stairs but we found it manageable. There were 2 people on our tour who needed some assistance but did very well. After our tour we took a short walk towards the square in Lynchburg with its cute stores and restaurants and ended up having great pulled pork sandwiches at the Caboose Cafe.

We enjoyed Lynchburg so much that we intend to make a return trip there in the fall.

1  Thank Chapsbaby
Reviewed July 20, 2013

I have to say, I really didn't expect to enjoy this tour this much! After a really short wait, we watched a short movie and our tour guide, Randy, had our photo taken and then loaded us all onto a bus. After a quick ride up to the distillery, Randy gave us an overview of the whiskey making process and let us take a whiff of the 140 proof product. It was a very informative tour and included information about Jack Daniels and his family. At the end of the tour you are treated to a glass of lemonade and you get the opportunity to purchase some unique items. My family loved it. It was a great way to spend a couple of hours. We recommend it highly!

Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

This tour was well worth the drive from Huntsville. It was short enough to keep you intrested and long enough to learn about how the whiskey is made and the history of Jack Daniels..

1  Thank Lyndsey P
See more reviews
Reviewed July 19, 2013

This was my second visit to Jack Daniels Distillery. This tour was much more detailed and interesting than the first. Our Tour Guide kept the tour entertaining and informative. The day was rainy and we were in and out of the rain while walking, however this did not dampen the tour. We learned a great deal about the history of this Company as well as how the whiskey is made.
One point that is unique is that with all the Distilled Spirits that Jack Daniels produces and ships, it is located in a Dry County and the only place you can purchase Alcoholic Beverages is the Collector Bottles in the Distillery Store. There is no pressure to purchase anything and the tour is free.
This should appeal to Adults and Teen Agers alike. Younger children did get a little tired and testy who were in our group by the end of the tour.
I would recommend the time to take this tour, The tours are everyday of the week. There are some special tours that include some tasting but not on Sundays.
At the end of the tour there was free water and Lemonaide (non-alcolholic).