“A little bit of Jack”

and up
Nashville to Jack Daniel's Distillery and Back
Ranked #1 of 15 things to do in Lynchburg
More attraction details
Owner description: Fifteen miles east of Lynchburg.
Reviewed August 3, 2011

This tour was awesome! Our guide was full of knowledge and funny too! I loved learning about how jack is made and the history of the drink. It was neat to see that they use a spring for the water. I would go back again if I ever drive back through Lynchburg! It is also a FREE tour! If you drive by stop and do it!!!

Write a ReviewReviews (4,166)

Reviewed July 31, 2011

I loved this tour. I'm not a big drinker of jack Daniels, but this tour is very interesting. My 16 yr old nephew even enjoyed himself.
The tour is professional done. You go to a small museum while you wait to go on your tour. When your name is called, you go watch a 5 min movie, they take you on a nice bus down to where they take your picture (that you can buy or see online for 2 months), then you go on a 30 or 40 min tour with your guide ( shanua was ours and she was good), they will take you all thru the history of jack himself and exactly now they make his drink, at the end you they give you a free lemonade, and lastly you can buy some bottles. I really loved this tour - It would be worth paying for but it is free.
Warning - you do alittle bit of walking and going up and down some stairs - so be averagely fit.

Reviewed July 29, 2011

Visit this quaint community of Lynchburg, Tennessee and take advantage of the free tour of the Jack Daniel Distillery. The tour is both educational and fun. Be prepared to walk and climb stairs. Learn about the process that makes this sipping whiskey what it is. Take time to look at the shops in Lynchburg, especially the Jack Daniel's store. A fantastic meal can be found at Miss Mary Bobo's restaurant. Be sure to make a reservation for this family style restaurant. Well worth it.

1  Thank TNMarine
Reviewed July 29, 2011

My wife and I visited the distillery on the 6th May 2011, it was such an informative and fun tour.
Our guide was called "Buddy". He was such a good guide and at times very funny!!
We did get to do the taste testing as we had won a competition in the U.K so that made a super end to a wonderful tour. We will definatlly return one day especially as we were both made Tennessee Squires. (if not sure what one is Google it.)
But I do I like the idea that as its a dry county you can not purchase alcohol, but you can buy a commerative bottle that happens to be full of JD.

Reviewed July 28, 2011

You have to see it, very very interesting the place seems to be frozen in time. Worth the distance will drive back again from Canada!