“Perfect overnight on event weekend”
Review of Lomond Hills Hotel

and 1 more site!
Lomond Hills Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Freuchie
Reviewed May 28, 2013

This was the second year we had stayed at Lomond Hills whilst involved in a car show nearby. We were advised when booking that there was a dance event on (A ceroc weekend) but were allocate a quiet room away from the dance room. A bit smaller than we had previously but adequate and clean.

We had pre booked a table for dinner and on presentation were given a table in lounge and menus and ordered drinks. Menu is imaginative and food well presented in a very pleasant dinning room. We had langoustines (well I did - the last portion) and they were simply but well presented grilled in garlic butter. A shellfish pick and water bowl were on hand. The mussels, as an alternative starter were delicious in a warmly spiced tomato and chorizo sauce. We both then had lamb fillet with sweet vegetable puree and a spiced harissa sauce. Nice wine list as well. Perfect eggs and bacon at breakfast.

All in all we were very pleased with our stay and if at the same venue again next year we will be back.

Staff were all very friendly, efficient and very accommodating. Well done all.

Room Tip: I think the larger rooms are above the function room. Staff seemed at pains to ensure we got the ri...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
RONNIE D, Owner at Lomond Hills Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2013

Carol.
I would like to thank you for your lovely review. It's great to know that our staff are appreciated for their efforts. I continually tell them they are the best asset the hotel has! Glad also to hear that you really enjoyed the food you had in our restaurant and the way it is served.
Hopefully we will see you again in the near future.
Best wishes and many thanks.

There are newer reviews for Lomond Hills Hotel

Reviewed May 13, 2013

I was lucky enough to be part of a wedding during April, and I was extremely impressed with how welcoming everyone at the Lomond Hills Hotel was toward not only myself, but everyone involved. The manager at the front desk could not do enough to assist a couple of Aussie's in need of some local knowledge, and Ronnie and the staff were fantastic. My rooms were very comfortable, and the shower in one of them was the best I have had in the UK, ever !

The accomodation of the Australian and Scottish flags at the front of the hotel were a nice touch for those of us who travelled from Australia, and that was just the tip of the iceberg for how hard the staff worked, and how accommodating they were during the wedding reception.

The food was absolutely sensational, and the bar staff gave me a fantastic education in some fine scotches, comfortably sharing their expertise with me across two evenings. Thanks for enduring my many many questions about the scotches !

I could not recommend the Lomond Hills Hotel more strongly, and I will be ensuring that I head back with my entire family on my next trip to Scotland. Thanks again for the great stay, and I look forward to visiting again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends

G'day Mark and thanks for taking the time to post such a great review after your trip to Scotland. Wow!!! Ha ha......
I'm pleased to know that you returned down under with some happy memories and a little more knowledge of our National Drink.
We currently have the Australian flag flying again for visitors from Oz. I'm glad you like the wee touch during your stay.
I have passed on your comments about our staff as it's always nice to know that their hard work is appreciated.
Best wishes from Bonnie Scotland and thanks again.

Reviewed April 15, 2013

I stayed here on the evening of April 8th 2013, with a colleague of mine from Canada. He loved the hotel and the staff, and wants to visit again!

The food and hospitality here is second to none, It was great to see everyone again, and I look forward to seeing them all on my next visit in a few months time!

Keep up the good work everyone!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 4, 2013

Just spent three superb nights at this comfortable and very welcoming hotel in the village of Freuchie. Ronnie, Gillian, David, Erica, and the rest of a very competent and friendly staff could not do more to make your stay pleasant and enjoyable. There is a very relaxed and chilled atmosphere, and my seven year old son loved the pool and spa. We dined in for the three nights and the service matched the quality and value of the food - excellent. Ronnie keeps two real ales on hand pump and they are in tip-top condition. Friendly locals in the bar who helped us plan great outings to St Andrews and the Isle of May.

Will definitely be back, and if you like staying in comfortable and unpretentious hotels run by genuine people who know what they are doing, then you will love the Lomond Hills Hotel.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
ronniemd, Owner at Lomond Hills Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2013

Barney Battles....a true legend away up in Gorgie!!!
Thanks a million for the fab review. I'm very pleased to hear that you and your family enjoyed your short break in Freuchie....especially the Real Ales and the football photos on the walls.
We all hope to see you again soon.
Best wishes and many thanks. Ronnie.

Reviewed April 3, 2013 via mobile

A friend and I rented a cottage for a few days in march this year and the same time last year about 200 yards away from the lomond hotel and used it to eat and drink and the food is very good the staff are very helpfull and the high tea is good value for money and a good choice.
The owner which I think his name was Ronnie came and chatted to us for a while what a nice chap, we go up for the dog sledding in tentsmuir forest so hope to be back in October or march next year I would recommend this hotel to anyone oh the beer is good and a nice range of whiskys.

• Stayed: March 2013

We are all happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay in Freuchie and especially the malt whiskies and Real Ales in The Lomond Hills Hotel. It is appreciated that you took the time and trouble to post a great review on your return home.
We hope to see you again soon and good luck with the dogs this year!
Best wishes.

Reviewed March 25, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for 1 night as our house was being decorated. It is in the little vilage of Fruechie, when we arrived the staff at this hotel were most helpful and very friendly. Nothing was too trouble for them. Ronnie was excellent, a perfect host. We had a meal booked at night and it did not disappoint, the meal was cooked to perfection, one of the best surf and turf I have had for a long time and the staff brilliant. We went into the lounge by the open fire after our meal and had a quiet drink before retiring to our room. The breakfast was as equaly excellent the next morning as they used good local produce.The decor could be a little updated but it did not detract from a lovely little hotel. The hotel has a lovely little swimming pool if you wanted to use that as well.
We went back the next week for a meal and it was excellent again.
I would most definitely go back and stay again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Thanks for your kind review. We're glad to have been able to look after you in your hour of need. I have passed on your comments to our fab staff.

Reviewed March 21, 2013 via mobile

The lomond hills has it all whether your on business or leisure, a hotel with character and good facilities Having a restaurant that do's excellent food and a good choice it also has very good bar meals .Ronnie keeps a good selection of beers with regular guest ales and an extensive range of whiskys. The swimming pool is a bonus and the breakfasts are great with wide choice of continental and Scottish but the best thing about this hotel is the staff. They are very attentive and very friendly if its not on the menu ask for it and they shall do there best to accommodate .Nothing is too much trouble ,ive been a regular guest there over the last few months and hope to return in the future ,big thanks to all the staff

• Stayed: March 2013

Dear Chris.
The staff and I are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us enough to take the time to write such a really kind review! It's always nice to know that our guests leave happy. Hope to welcome you back to The Lomond Hills again in the near future.
Many thanks. Ronnie.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Freuchie
Best Western Balgeddie House Hotel
Balbirnie House
Balbirnie House
#1 of 1 in Markinch
Holiday Inn Express Glenrothes

Been to Lomond Hills Hotel? Share your experiences!