“Best Pub in the area”

Ranked #4 of 62 Restaurants in Cupar
Cuisines: British
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: SCOTLAND'S RETAIL BUSINESS AWARDS 2016 'BEST LICENSED PREMISES IN SCOTLAND' WINNER If you live in Cupar, it's time to discover what's on your doorstep. If you're passing through, then stop off for lunch or just a coffee. If you're having a break in Fife, take an afternoon to explore the town and discover for yourself why there's no need to go anywhere else! The Boudingait is situated at the top of Lady Wynd in the heart of Cupar, providing a warm, family-friendly environment for all, offering a quality menu of freshly cooked pub lunches & evening meals using quality, locally sourced produce ... making it the first choice destination for a traditional pub experience.With a popular menu of freshly prepared bar meals served daily from 11am to 8pm (9pm on Friday & Saturdays, combined with great staff & excellent service in a charming and friendly atmosphere...... you're guaranteed a great time, EVERYTIME at The Boudingait! Offering a 'home from home' atmosphere for the over 25's, where you can hear the people you're with over the music, and with live music, weekly pub quiz, great banter and an excellent selection of Wines, Real Ales, Whiskies, Draught, Teas and coffees and the best bar meals in Town.... there's no need to go anywhere else. The Boudingait is situated in the the old market town of Cupar, which lies in the heart of the Howe of Fife. Easy to get to, easy to park in, and easy to find most items on your shopping list.Where the streets and shopping malls of larger towns and cities offer the same predictable collection of chain stores, Cupar provides a more satisfying experience and most of Cupar's businesses are family owned and run. We want you to come back again, so we will go the extra mile in making sure you are satisfied.
Reviewed February 23, 2014

Every time I visit friends near Cupar, a trip to The Boudingait is essential. The food is always top quality, definitely worth paying a few extra pennies for. The staff are always polite and attentive which I find to be so important in this day and age. Overall, this is a lovely place to relax and unwind during the daytime. It can also be quite lively in the evenings but the friendly, welcoming atmosphere is retained, always a bonus.

Reviewed February 21, 2014

We've been going to the Boudingait for about a year now. Unfortunately although the service is still good portion sizes have indeed been reduced in the last month or so and prices appear to have increased at the same time. We received a poor responce from the owner(?) to a query and unfortunately it's unlikely that we'll be back.

2  Thank Jonhh324
llidderdale, Owner at The Boudingait, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2014

I am very sorry that your were unsatisfied with your visit last night. As I had tried to explain last night, we have since January changed the dishes that we serve some of our main meals in as we now have very few of these left and have been unable to source more. Perception, I realise is a powerful thing but I assure you again that our portion sizes have not decreased, they are simply being served differently and I had offered to re-serve your meals in the old dishes to demonstrate this. I'm sorry you felt my response was poor???? If portion sizes had been reduced, then they would be reduced for all dishes on our menu and this is not the case.

I have kept our pricing as low as possible for as long as possible however, prices have indeed increased, this is due to increased supplier costs and increased overheads.

Reviewed February 14, 2014

Great to use local pub to have a late lunch on a cold day when it got dark early. The 2 girls who were on were friendly and pleasant and the food was good. useful to know for future that they cater well for GF foods.

Reviewed February 11, 2014

We have been coming to eat for several months making the trip from dundee as we enjoyed the atmosphere and the service was good .would like to know what has happened to the food! The previously excellent mac.cheese is now a pitiful half size portion of pasta shells in cheese sauce ! And the puddings - despite the hefty price tag were very disappointing, the cheese cake passable for pre packed but the banoffee pie was a brick hard base and a pool of cream -more soup than pie! Such a shame when all had previously been so good - possibly explains the empty tables at weekend ?

1  Thank gailchaplain

I am very sorry that your were unsatisfied with the food during your last visit. We have since January changed the dishes that we serve some of our main meals in as we now have very few of the originals left and have been unable to source more. Perception, I realise is a powerful thing but I assure you that our portion sizes have not decreased, they are simply being served differently.

We have never used pasta shells for our macaroni cheese, however we have recently tried an alternative brand of macaroni. We have now reverted back to our original brand.

I do hope that while you felt your last visit was unsatisfactory, this is not the norm and that we will see you again in the future.

Reviewed January 26, 2014

We met a large group of friends from Cupar here on Saturday evening for a meal and drinks. I had never been before but was very pleased with the food and service. The menu gives a wide choice of dishes we both had pate then I chose the burger and my wife the macaroni cheese and friends chose various other dishes which all enjoyed. Quite a few had desserts which looked lovely and I regret not having space for the crumble though looked very good. My burger was excellent and certainly as good as any I have had in various places- in fact better than most! The two girls who served at the bar and also served the food were very good at their jobs and very friendly. I shall definitely be going here again in the future. I always complete judgements on restaurants by the state of the loos but here they were spotless and it does make a great difference to a very pleasant night out.