“Great day out !!! Birds of Prey Experience”

Raptor World Interactive
Ranked #4 of 27 things to do in Cupar
More attraction details
Owner description: Please note that the Comrie centre is now closed and all our activities will be carried out at our base at The Scottish Deer centre, near Cupar in Fife.All vouchers include access to the deer centre so it is well worth coming along for a whole day out and enjoy all the attractions and facilities on offer here.
Reviewed March 25, 2013

Hi All
Myself & my nephew went to the Birds of Prey Experience on the 22nd of Mach this year it was a 2 hour morning session,the experiece its self was
fantastic,interesting,exciting,fun & this was on a really
cold wet morning but the girl Christine made the
morning so worth while with her love of her job,her
professional attitude to the birds and to the day
its self.I would recommend this day to anyone.
Thanks again
Jim & Tony

2  Thank james M

Reviewed March 17, 2013

What a fantastic aternoon my adult son and daughter, husband and I had when my husband used his Groupon Christmas gift voucher. We enjoyed the day just as much as he did! The girl we had was excellent and knew her stuff and explained everything and told us lots of interesting facts about the birds. The whole trip was well organised and everything set out strategically ie in a loop with wash hand basins at the end of the tour.. The walk around the deer park allowed us to view the deer, the lynx, wild cats and otters. There was a cool treetop walk too. The birds are beautiful creatures and the expereince would be suitable for bird lovers, old and young. Agree with everything the last reviewer said. Signposting of the centre should be more frequently displayed as we saw no signs until we arrived at the centre. The sun shone which was an added bonus as the forecast was for rain. This had caused a few people to cancel - all the better for us as there were only 2 having the experience, meaning they got far more shots of feeding and handling the birds. Well done and thanks for a great day out.

3  Thank Ellalainey22
Reviewed July 13, 2012

Hi all, I can't believe I am only the second person to review Raptorwold, I assumed after visiting that there must have been many reviews already as had such a good time.
It would have been a year or so ago, but was taken as an early birthday present. I always liked the idea of checking out Birds of Prey, though being honest I was secretly a little apprehensive, I've seen these things in action on the telly after all on Discovery Channel lol.
The one I did was the two hour one, so we congregated and there was about eight of us which was great as it was not too busy. We started by having a shot of the bird handling, we shown around the individual birds, our guide being the younger guy, he gave us informative info on the birds we saw and allowed us the chance to have a shot of holding them, what I will say is take your camera , cos you will get some great shots.
After about an hour or so we then went with one of the birds out into the woods to see it in the wild, the views were great where we walked too, its really scenic as you'll see when you go, but it was cool seeing the bird who's name I am afraid I don't remember, in the wild were then allowed the chance to feed them, fair be it it was parts of dead animals but hey ho the bird enjoyed it. After that we then went back to the sanctuary and were taken into a separate area to see the Tawny owl in action.It would come and land on your arm, then back to its perch, I even got wing slapped in the face which I found amusing.
In summary this was a great day out, we were lucky enough to get Sun, and the group we were in we're great and made some good friends along the way and the birds I do not mind saying are beautiful creatures, if you don't enjoy this then you should not be there in the first place, do take your camera as you will get the chance for some cracking shots. Don't take my word for it, check it out when you get the chance, if possible I will try and post some photos too. If this is your interest then make it one of your stops. Enjoy . Cheers

5  Thank Redman12
Reviewed July 9, 2012 via mobile

We had a fantastic hour at raptor world. We had an interactive tour and got to handle and fly lots of birds of prey. The highlight had to be handling the Eagle Owl. The member of staff was very helpful and our children aged 11 & 8 loved the experience. This is a hidden gem and should be far better advertised. Go along and you won't be disappointed. We went the same day as the wildlife centre which at the same venue and we had a brilliant day out

4  Thank Nichols047