“At home”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cupar
Ferrymuir Stables Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 20 Cupar B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 29, 2013

I was lucky enough to find this beautiful B+B (and to book early!!) as a home away from home while I participated in a family wedding nearby.

Despite her recent tragic loss in June, Mary welcomed me for a week in July with warmth and care, fabulous breakfasts and helpful personal touches that made sure that I had all that I needed (sticky tape and nail polish remover come to mind) to get on with my day.

I was welcomed to a home, with beautiful food, elegant and comfortable rooms all with views of the peaceful garden. But it felt like my home too. Mary was present but not intrusive, considerate and respectful. We had a walled garden and sun-flooded sitting room to sit and read, drink a coffee or plan our day. If I asked for an orange juice at the end of the day it arrived, ice cold and sweet, on a silver platter.

Ferrymuir Stables is a "class act". It was a wonderful experience staying there. I warmly recommend it to any visitor looking for the best in quality and comfort.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
maryscottmillar, Owner at Ferrymuir Stables Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2013

Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a lovely review. It was my pleasure having you here to stay for your special occasion in Scotland and I am missing your fab company.Love to your husband and hope to see you again sometime.
Very Best Wishes
Mary

There are newer reviews for Ferrymuir Stables Bed and Breakfast

Reviewed May 30, 2013

This is so beautiful place to stay in, that you will remember it for long time. Mary and John are wonderful hosts and will make sure you are provided whatever you wish for. Rooms are equipped with highest standard as well all house. Breakfasts are real feast with best quality products. I strongly recommend this place.
Patrycja & Jean-Charles

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank Pa B
Reviewed May 19, 2013

We have just returned from spending five nights at Ferrymuir and totally agree with all the positive comments on tripadvisor.co.uk. Mary and John are excellent hosts and strive to ensure their guests feel welcome to their stunning home, which is beautifully decorated and furnished and is immaculately kept, both inside and out.

Breakfasts are a feast with a wide choice of juices, cereals, breads and traditional cooked foods - try the scrambled eggs and smoked salmon, delicious! - plus excellent coffee (the Nespresso machine is on order, Mary).

In your bedroom you'll find a fridge which has a supply of bottled water and chocolate bars and, of course, tea/coffee facilities plus a good selection of biscuits. And even plenty of coat hangers!

Bathrooms have excellent showers (always hot), a great selection of toiletries and towels are changed daily.

Mary and John are certainly in the right business and helped ensure we had a wonderful short break.

Room Tip: All of the rooms at Ferrymuir are of the same very high standard.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Margaret E
Reviewed May 11, 2013

We are regular visitors to Ferrymuir Stables and cannot praise it highly enough.

Mary and John have sympathetically renovated this beautiful old building and it boasts all of the mod cons and Eco friendly assets one could hope for.

There is always a ready welcome with a breakfast for kings in frankly immaculate surroundings.

We look forward to our next visit :)

Room Tip: All rooms offer a great deal of space and beautiful modern bathrooms
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 10, 2013

I'm not going to repeat the sentiments of all the wonderfully postive reviews about this B&B. I'll just say that we had a superb two night stay on our recent visit.

Mary is the 'hostess with the mostest' as the saying goes, nothing is too much trouble and every attention to detail is captured.

The big pluses for us were this fabulous contemporary home, our room (facing the front) was bright and airy, large bathroom with fab rainshower - my husband didn't know where to start with the choices of shower gel, he needed to stay a few extra nights to try then all out!! I also challenge anyone not to have a great night's sleep here in this peaceful location with a wonderfully comfy bed.

As for breakfast what can I say - homemade jams, fresh breads, fresh fruit salad, 'special' coffee, croissants, array of options for hot breakfast. My dietary requirements were more than catered for.

Mary thank you for a supurb stay and we will certainly be back if we're luckily enough to visit the area again. I'll let you know in July if your prediction of 'pink' was true!!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 29, 2013

If you want to ............experience life in a place which could have come straight from "Grand Designs"
If you want to ...................try a wet room straight from the pages of "Ideal Home"
If you want to........... stay in an immaculate room, with all the extras you would expect along the road at "The Old Course" Hotel, plus some you won't get there.
If you .................love a freshly cooked, beautifully presented breakfast with more choice than most people dream of and at a time that suits you.
If you want ................a great nights peaceful sleep, away from traffic, revellers and celebratory golfers.
If you want to.................. be made welcome by caring grown up people, into their home, who would like you to enjoy yourself with the freedom to come and go as you please.
If you want to ..............do all of the above for the same price a some very ordinary hotels around Fife and in most cases a lot less.
Form an orderly queue at the gates to the beautifully manicured garedens at this fabulous establishment.

If you like to ........take a take away Indian and a big "carry-oot" back to your room and laze about in your boxers
If you .........have a tribe of unruly kids
If you ..................just have one kid who hasn't learnt the difference between right and wrong or you just can't be bothered to spend time with them.
If you ..........don't understand the rewards available to people who work hard and expect some respect.
Please go somewhere else. Mary and John the owners will not be the least bit upset and would hate to be responsible for you not having a great time.

We stayed for two nights and I can honestly say it is without any shadow of doubt the very best B&B we have ever stayed in, better than almost every hotel we have stayed in and is now certainly the first place we would chose in a 75 mile radius of Cupar.

Mary, thank you for everything, you made our stay an absolute pleasure, we will return, hopefully the queue at the gate will always be long enough to reward you for your efforts but short enough for your repeat visitors to get in. Thank You.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 25, 2013

Ferrymuir Stables in Cupar Fife Scotland, This is a privately owned home, an old stables that has been magnificently and lovingly renovated by the present owners, Mary & John.
Quite simply, I can assure you will not find better, from the homely welcome to your every need is catered for, its as though you are part of their family.
The house, rooms etc are magnificent, spacious and very modern, even lap tops in the rooms for your use.
I have traveled the world and stayed in 5 Star hotels that do not meet this standard.
You are afforded your own privacy yet Mary was always on hand if there was anything you needed, the Breakfast is the best I have tasted, full Scottish, Haggis, Kippers, tea / coffee, juice and toast all included and Mary's whisky marmalade is superb, we have stayed twice and would not consider anywhere else when visiting St Andrews. John is a real laugh and great for local advise.

Room Tip: Three rooms to let and all are of the same high standard, you have no concern on which is allocated.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank James C
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cupar
Craigsanquhar House Hotel
Wester Dura B&B & Cupar accommodations
Brae Cottage
Brae Cottage
#4 of 9 in Cupar

Been to Ferrymuir Stables Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!