“A place for a day out with the grandchildren”
Review of Fife Animal Park - CLOSED

Fife Animal Park
Reviewed January 8, 2014

We go there pretty regularly with the grandchildren 4 & 2. We think it is a great place for them to see and feed the animals and for a fairly small place there is quite a range of animals and birds. They like to feed them and they also have a petting corner where they can get their hands on snakes, lizards, rabbits, lemurs, etc. There is also a small soft play area and a café. It is well worth the visit, but the animals facilities need to be improved

2  Thank A-J372

Reviewed November 8, 2013

Having been used to places like Durrell, Scottish Deer Centre and the Curragh [IoM] the first impression was one of clutter with very obvious fencing. In places the mesh barriers are so heavy that it is difficult to see what is in the enclosure, let alone photograph it. There appears to be no sort of theme to the place. It is a mixture of farm, petting zoo and some more exotic species with, as far as I could tell, no serious attempts to breed the rarer animals. Only having the one specimen does not augur well for the future of the species. Some of the labelling was not clear. One paddock said it contained EMUs. I looked and thought "That's the first time I've seen an emu with antlers." In other cases there was nothing to identify the different types of animals on show.
It is a good place to take children for a day out. There is an outdoor play area and a soft play area for them, a good reataurant and a picnic area. Unfortunately, to use the loo you have to go out of the park and then return.
I visited on a foul day and that may have affected my impressions. There is a lot of potential here and, in good weather, may well appear as a different place. I shall in all fairness return and give them another chance.

Reviewed October 5, 2013

LJG mad u must walked around wi your eyes shut cos there is a lot to see. I should know cos I use to be a volunteer there for a short time. The food is fantastic it has to be said

1  Thank Rossybo
Reviewed October 3, 2013

Went to the farm with my mother the other day and had such a great time! Not only did we get to see some really interesting animals we were also able to stroke the piglets and watched as they followed us around the park. The price was very reasonable and the option to buy a bag of feed was great. All the members of staff we saw were very friendly and happy to speak about the animals.
Looking at other comments about neglected animals and the park being rundown are utterly untrue. Its people like this that put people off when there is no reason to.

4  Thank MoragG21