“Always a good afternoon out..”
Review of Fife Animal Park - CLOSED

Fife Animal Park
Reviewed September 12, 2013

I am a frequent visitor to the animal park with my 2 young children. Some of the reviews on here are very wrong and misleading. My kids get excited as soon as I drive in. The pet shop even before you even enter the park has lots for them to look at. All the animals seem very happy, I have been in winter and summer and they are always well looked after. We usually wander round twice, have lunch and then the kids run about in the soft play area. The food in the café is delicious and always reasonably priced. I guess it can be expensive when you need to pay for a family ticket but it is considerably cheaper than a day out at the safari park or zoo, if you are expecting the number of animals at one of these places perhaps it may be best to pay more and go there instead. I got my cat from the animal park and we always enjoy looking out for her mum who is usually about somewhere. The park is a great area for the kids and they always enjoy running about there. Please don't let these negative reviews put you off as its definitely a place that kids will enjoy.

2  Thank emmaelaine29

Reviewed August 26, 2013

After reading various views I decided to visit as I have family local to the area. This 47 year old granddad took his daughter and granddaughter today I am from England. The staff were great friendly and all were busy doing various jobs but still took the time to say hi and make us welcome. The animals were not what I expected in fact much much better the information about each type was very clear. I have never been so close to bats before and spent a good 20 odd minutes watching once my eyes had adjusted. I even managed to make friends with a porcupine and discovered it liked it cheek being stroked. I'm can't be sure which of the 3 of us had the most fun feeding the different animals I'm sure it was me. We ate in the cafe the food was great and value for money. I really do not understand the negative comments I read as on our visit nothing was further than the truth. I spoke to one lady who is a volunteer she told me she always wanted this kind of job and was starting college soon. My visit to Scotland this finishes tomorrow but next time I am up it will be on my list of places to visit again.

6  Thank Rhorun
FAP525, Public Relations Manager at Fife Animal Park, responded to this reviewResponded September 1, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post your positive review.
We are so glad that you didn t take any notice of the professional MOANERS and MERCHANTS of DOOM who usually post and hide behind this site and are really pleased to hear that you had a GREAT day on your visit with us.
Its really good when genuine animal lovers can take so much away from having a visit around our park.
We look forward to welcoming you again when you next come up to visit us.

Reviewed August 19, 2013

A bleak, run down prison to so many clearly dejected animals and birds; tiny and often dirty cages, several instances of filthy water dishes. Why do such places think it's ok to keep solitary wild birds in captivity, including our native species, just to provide entertainment to people? And captive Scottish wildcats - poor, poor beasts, which should be free and wild. Totally depressing experience. Looks to me like a farmer who's decided to diversify and whose main interest is in making money.

5  Thank Tibbiesmum
FAP525, Guest Relations Manager at Fife Animal Park, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2013

SORRY BUT THINK YOU VE GOT THE WRONG PLACE AS WE DON T HAVE NATIVE WILD BIRDS??? We do have wild cats and are part of the breeding project to start to release them back into the wild.

Reviewed August 12, 2013

My whole family and parents visited this park on 11th August to celebrate my dads 80th birthday where he was allowed to come close to and hold a certain animal that for many years he has held a passion for, the three members of staff we came in contact with could not have been more pleasant and helpful if they tried. As a grand parent I have visited most of the small and large animal parks in Scotland from the borders to the highlands and it is far from the worst that I have visited despite some of the reviews which have been posted concerning this farm. It is small and slightly unkempt in some areas but improvements cost money and this can only be supplied by continued visitors to the park please remember wages ,feed and vets visits don't come for free. There is a variety of animals to see and feed all in all a good day out.

1  Thank Brian H

Thanks you for your common sense and practical review and understanding of our park. We are so glad that your we were able to make your fathers birthday extra special for him.

Reviewed August 9, 2013

We have just returned from a visit to this park for the first time today and all I can say is ....... what a waste of money. We are a family of four and it would have cost us £28 (plus an extra £8 to get into the relatively small soft play). Thank goodness we had some spree vouchers and got the kids into the park and soft play for free. The park itself is very tired and looks like it needs a lot of upkeep. The enclosures really need some work done .... we saw two with awful stagnant water in them. The so called 'adventure play area' is awful and needs completely renewed. As for the poor animals they look miserable and no wonder. We were told the kids could feed the lambs at 11.30. By the time we found the lamb enclosure it was 11.32 and were told the lambs had already been fed???? The man was very rude to my husband. We also purchased some tea and scones from the cafe (I will admit the scones were lovely). We were planning to use our spree vouchers to buy two and get two free and after getting it all sorted we were told we could only use one voucher per transaction. There was no word of this on the voucher itself and my husband and I were disgusted at the way we were treated. So my advice is save your money and go to look at the Rabbits and Guinea Pigs in Pets at Home for free!!!!!!

7  Thank Sarah T
FAP525, Guest Relations Manager at Fife Animal Park, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2013

Before you go and post comments on sites like this you should make sure that your facts are correct: your entry price would have been £26 not £28 for your family to gain entry. Your kids would also have gained entry to the soft play area for £4 not £8 as you have stated.
Our lambs are not CLOCKWORK and are fed when they need it and are not restricted to times hence why our lamb feeding time is clearly displayed as APPROXIMATELY 11.30, which is FREE along with our animal handling sessions.
We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your scones but were disappointed in your attitude towards our staff in trying to get as much discounted or free goods as possible.
SORRY TO SAY BUT ALTHOUGH WE ARE A CHARITY IT DOESN T MEAN WE CAN GIVE EVERYTHING AWAY FOR FREE AS YOU OBVIOUSLY WOULD HAVE WANTED.
Thankfully you are in a minority of the people who come and visit us because of the 600 visitors that we had yesterday who totally enjoyed their day out with us, you were the only one who tried to push our CHARITABLE efforts to the limit.