Meldrums Hotel
$117
$101
$71
  • Restaurant
Old Manor Hotel(Lundin Links)
$123
$97
$565
TripAdvisor
Premier Inn St Andrews Hotel(St. Andrews)(Great Value!)
$86
PremierInn.com
$368
$258
Orbitz.com
TripAdvisor
The Dunvegan Hotel(St. Andrews)
  • Restaurant
All reviewshigh teaan evening mealvery pleasant experiencefirst classceresstartersfife
Reviewed May 17, 2013

I was told to go to Meldrums hotel by a friend, he said the food was great and boy was it good the Piri Piri chicken fantastic and new to the hotel is the Iberian Black Pig. What a delight a pub with a twist great keep it up guys best place around for miles.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 25, 2013

My wife and I paid a visit to the Wemyss Pottery which on its own was good and left slightly poorer than when I arrived and asked the staff there where we could have lunch and they suggested the Meldrum Hotel. Normally I avoid these places as they tend to be a bit over priced and much and such the same but boy was I surprised.
On entering the hotel we were met by the owner who advised that they did not do the usual sandwich, panini thing that everybody else did but we could look at the lunch menu to see if anything tempted us. Well just about everything did and as my wife cannot eat a lot of the usual pub grub it was nice to see she had so much choice. I selected the chicken stroganoff and my wife had the lamb hot pot but it was one of these places where as other meals passed you wished you had chosen that instead. Our meals duly arrived and what a pleasure to get piping hot, freshly prepared food that really does taste as good as it looks. In fact we even had deserts as they too looked enticing and again we were not disappointed.
This really is a hidden gem and is well worth a visit as from the moment you arrive to the moment you leave it is a sublime eating experience served by very proffesional and friendly staff. Not only that but it is really good value. I just wished that they would open a restaurant near where I live as they would certainly get my patronage.
We would like to return and stay for a couple of nights as if the restaurant is anything to go by then I am sure that a couple of nights stay would be just as excellent.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Stephen H
Reviewed February 22, 2013

Had a delicious lunch here yesterday. The fish cakes were absolutely delicious! Very friendly and good service in a cosy and quaint environment. Thoroughly recommend this hotel for lunch if in this area. Cannot comment on the hotel, we were only in the area for the day.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank misseyc
Reviewed December 6, 2012 via mobile

Was recommended this small public house with accommodation by some local business acquaintances who had only experienced the restaurant to be fair. The room was very very cold ( we could see our breath condensation) gave it a couple of hours and no improvement in heating, no mobile signal almost no internet connection other than in one corner of the bar. Room was very very poor and to be polite, average b&b for 1970's. wardrobes that swayed like it's had 10 pints, decor was hideous and bed springs were long expired. Apparently due for much needed refurb in January - not good at all.

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank Shaunsutton
Reviewed December 2, 2012

had lunch here yesterday. wow.... absolutely delicious..... wide selection of options for starter, main course and dessert. very attentive staff, warm friendly welcome. well presented food, piping hot, good size portions without being too much. well priced. clearly a good team running this establishment. Will definitely be back and would highly recommend

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple