“Oops. I see the secret is out . . .”
other travelers have booked this property
Master Bedroom Master Bedroom 2
Living Room 2
Kitchen
Cottage above harbour
Second Bedroom with twin beds
Second bedroom with twin beds converted to a super king bed
Local fishing boat
The cottage from Shoregate
Nearby East Neuk village of Anstruther
View from terrace
Cottage from Castle Walk
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
MizLiz
Raleigh, NC
“Oops. I see the secret is out . . .”
Reviewed November 8, 2011 for a stay in June 2009

My family has stayed at #21 on three occasions under two different owners over the years, and its perfection never alters. A timeless gem in an exquisite location, and at a bargain price. Easy access from Edinburgh and the airport. Lots of lovely day trips are easily made from this house -- if you can bring yourself to leave. I will not reiterate what has already been said here about the accommodation, save to say that it is all true. I was just looking to re-book for next year, and stumbled over all these reviews. Happy for the owners -- they deserve it -- but sad for me. My secret is out and the house is likely booked solid . . .

Date of stay: June 2009
Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Location, location, location!
Liked least: Nothing. It is truly perfect.
Traveling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Nov 7, 2011
Thank you so much for your lovely review and I hope to welcome you back once again to Shoregate in the future!
North Wales
Reviewed July 28, 2011 for a stay in July 2011

Date of stay: July 2011
Check in / front desk
Traveling group: Solo traveler
Your age range 55-64
Jul 28, 2011
Thankyou so much for your lovely review. Inevitably, the odd thing can go wrong occasionally, but we aim to put it right as quickly as possible.
Walton on the Hill
Reviewed July 26, 2011 for a stay in May 2011

Date of stay: May 2011
Traveling group: Spouse / significant other
Jul 26, 2011
Thank you so much for this lovely review. It was great that you had such a good holiday and we were delighted to be able to accommodate you!
Dumfries
Reviewed July 22, 2011 for a stay in July 2011
person found this review helpful

Date of stay: July 2011
Check in / front desk Service
Traveling group: Family with young children
Your age range 35-44
Jul 22, 2011
Thankyou for your lovely review. We know what you mean about arriving, exhausted and in need of a relaxing break. After a couple of days, the stress of the city melts away and we always leave feeling so much better!
Worcester
Reviewed April 25, 2011 for a stay in April 2011

Date of stay: April 2011
Traveling group: Family with teenagers
Apr 25, 2011
Thank you so much for your lovely review of the cottage and area. We hope you enjoyed our Spring bulbs in the garden. We've managed to cram in more than 300 in our little coastal retreat! We look forward to welcoming you back.
Muir of Ord
Reviewed April 22, 2011 for a stay in March 2011

Date of stay: March 2011
Liked best: Location, decor, garden
Liked least: Leaving to go home
Traveling group: Spouse / significant other
Your age range 25-34
Recommended for:
Friends getaway A romantic getaway
Older travelers Tourists
Luxury-minded travelers Rugged travelers
Apr 22, 2011
We love secrets too and we promise not to share this one too widely! In fact, we have so many return guests that new guests have a hard time getting in. Book soon for next year - we're filling up already!
Norfolk
Reviewed March 7, 2011 for a stay in October 2009

Date of stay: October 2009
Traveling group: Family with teenagers
Mar 7, 2011
Thank for your very helpful comments on the cottage. We have provided a telephone with an honesty system, so that guests can keep in touch. Generally, mobile signals are patchy along the coast. WiFi is available in the Honeypot, which is the very welcoming, local tea room. We have surveyed our previous guests and most say they do not require WiFi in the cottage, but we are always reviewing the situation.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing