Review Highlights

Reviewed November 8, 2018
171valencias
Crail, United Kingdom
via mobile

See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed April 22, 2019

I visited the graveyard as research into my family tree and although I was not successful in finding any actual headstones relating to my family it is worth a visit. The graveyard is part of the Crail museum tour & extra information provided by the guide is very interesting indeed.

Date of experience: April 2019
Reviewed November 8, 2018 via mobile

I moved here 5 years ago. The Church is one reason I moved to Crail. It is from medical times. It has a wonderful feeling when you enter. In August there is daily tours which I highly recommend. It is a sure place to visit when you visit Crail.

Date of experience: November 2018
Reviewed December 27, 2017

Earliest know church here was in 1160 .Concecrated in 1243 there are still parts of the original in the grounds .An addition to the Tower was added in 1500. ....1517 saw it become a collegiate |church . The Church has had many alterations and renovations over the centuries . The Graveyard itself has many interesting gravestones and a memorial to William Bruce of Symbister. Entry to the Church is through a 1st and 2nd world war memorial arch with a bronze plaque of names on either pillar of the arch . The church itself is highly active in the area with a web site and facebook page

Date of experience: December 2017