Just a quick review to say that we had an excellent two night stay at the Waterfront in late August. The rooms are large and clean - the beds are massive - and have everything you could want. The location, right by Anstruther Harbour is perfect and allows exploration of all of this part of Scotland. We visited St Andrews and a number of other lovely coastal towns during our two days. If the weather allows this is a fab place for coastal walking and the walk from Anstruther to Crail was excellent.
Breakfast in the restaurant was excellent, lots of choice and large portions to set you up for a day out. I have to recommend the smoked haddock with poached eggs! We had one evening meal in the restaurant which was also very nice with lots of fresh seafood to choose from.
Excellent stay and excellent value for money. Only minor negative is if you have noisy neighbours the sound proofing in the room could be better!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Described as "One of the treasures of the East Neuk," The Waterfront was proudly opened in May 2003, hosting a 55 seat a’ la carte restaurant. Personally run, The Waterfront has Anstruther’s finest location situated just a few steps from Anstruther’s harbour and marina with views over the Firth of Forth. During the warmer months we boast al fresco dining to the front and a mature courtyard for relaxing to the rear. We aim to cater for all tastes. Varied Seafood selections, chef’s specials, children’s menu, delicious coffee and cakes. The Waterfront seafood selection is surely there to impress boasting freshly delivered fish from local markets including oriental scallops, citrus salmon, stuffed sea bass, steamed mussels and a true Scottish favourite that has stood the test of time, good old Fish and Chips. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Agoda, Orbitz and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Waterfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Waterfront Hotel Anstruther
- The Waterfront Anstruther, Scotland - Fife