Stopped here on the way back home from the North of Scotland - and had been planning to visit the East Neuk for a while. We were not quite sure what to expect but were pleasantly surprised when we were shown the room in a private courtyard area behind the hotel. The room was clean and comfortable - and as a nice touch had fresh flowers. We ate both nights in the restaurant where the food was good and plentiful. And also went to their sister establishment/pub The Bank for drinks in the early evening.
The proximity of the harbour was a bonus. I would also recommend the walk along the coast to Crail (about 4 miles) and there is a bus back if you want.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Described as "One of the treasures of the East Neuk," The Waterfront was proudly opened in May 2003, hosting a 55 seat a’ la carte restaurant. Personally run, The Waterfront has Anstruther’s finest location situated just a few steps from Anstruther’s harbour and marina with views over the Firth of Forth. During the warmer months we boast al fresco dining to the front and a mature courtyard for relaxing to the rear. We aim to cater for all tastes. Varied Seafood selections, chef’s specials, children’s menu, delicious coffee and cakes. The Waterfront seafood selection is surely there to impress boasting freshly delivered fish from local markets including oriental scallops, citrus salmon, stuffed sea bass, steamed mussels and a true Scottish favourite that has stood the test of time, good old Fish and Chips. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Orbitz and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Waterfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Waterfront Hotel Anstruther
- The Waterfront Anstruther, Scotland - Fife