“Winter Lunch”

St Andrews Cheese Company
Ranked #7 of 15 things to do in Anstruther
Reviewed January 11, 2016

This was our first visit to the St Andrew's Cheese Company and we were in no way disappointed. We both had soup and a sandwich of different types and found all that we were served of the highest standard. The soup I had was French Onion, which can often be too sweet, but this was spot on, ideal for a winter's day lunch. Large sandwiches made with excellent bread. Price was what I would expect to pay, and I have paid more in the Fife area for a lot less quality. Service was excellent.
Nice cheese selection with the emphasis on British produce. If you can't find something to suit your taste out of this range, then I would suggest that you don't like cheese.
We will be returning. Well worth going out of your way a little for a visit.

1  Thank Paul W
in 5 reviews
"cafe"
in 16 reviews

Reviewed November 8, 2015

It is a pleasure to hve a meal at the Cheese Company..we visit if in the area and when we stay nearby, the choice of food is good and the service excellent.

Reviewed November 7, 2015

Food is excellent - we have been there before. It isn't cheap but then you are paying for the quality. You get a fabulous view of the coast from here - not this time though as it was thick fog!

Reviewed October 20, 2015

When I knew we would be back in the East Neuk, I couldn't wait to re-visit this excellent establishment. On the first visit I had sauteed potatoes, hot smoked salmon topped with a poached egg and it was heaven, so much so that when I returned home I cooked the same dish almost every other day for lunch. The cheeses on offer are superb and the staff are more than happy for visitors to sample any cheeses without pressure to buy. On this recent visit, I sampled and bought a delicious Goats Cheese which the lady even offered to bring some to my home farther up the East coast of Scotland when she was visiting her family. Excellent friendly staff, food and great selection of gifts. Keep up the high standards and I can't wait to visit you again. Kate E

See more reviews
Reviewed October 14, 2015

A very special place in a surprisingly rural location. As it is part of a farm iot should be expected. Given the numbers there the location has not proved a disadvantage. Cleanly and attractively set out it offers a range of cheeses, of course. But also numerous other good things and gifts. The restaurant facility is very pleasant, cheerful staff and lovely and different choices from the norm.