“Disgraceful”

Ranked #5 of 12 things to do in Anstruther
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Disgraceful”
Reviewed June 29, 2012

Went in for lunch and was met abruptly by a member of staff who told us there were no tables. She did not apologise, offer to push two tables together or offer us a seat to wait for a table to become available - just simply turned away and carried on serving. Courtesy costs nothing. Will not be back.

6 Thank GraemeBletcher
, Owner at St Andrews Cheese Company, responded to this review, July 2, 2012
I was very concerned to read about your visit on Friday. My sincere apologies for the service you received. We take pride in our prompt, friendly service as well as the high standard of the food that we offer.
I would like to thank you for alerting us to this lapse in standards which I will investigate and deal with to ensure that it is not repeated.

Runcorn, United Kingdom
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Relaxing surroundings, great food, amazing views”
Reviewed June 25, 2012

Very welcoming, clean relaxed atmosphere...enjoy a brew out on the terrace overlooking the rolling hills to the sea.
Chance to check out award winning cheese being made with no charge, lovely food and gifts.

Visited June 2012
Scotland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Good Cheese Great Hot Chocolate”
Reviewed June 22, 2012

Just went here to buy some of their Anster Cheese and stopped for a Coffee and Hot Chocolate and a couple of homemade scones. Worth the visit and a popular place with locals the food looked really nice so would go back there to eat another time

Visited June 2012
St.Andrews
95 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 175 helpful votes
“I Love Cheese!”
Reviewed June 1, 2012

I don't recall when we began to see such an influx of Cheesemakeres and Mongers but I'm so glad it's here! Way back, when I lived in North Yorkshire, Cheese was being made in farm houses; and the development of the now world-famous shop in Hawes is (probably) what was the spur.
So may to gaze upon and to taste! This one in St. Andrews, with it's distinctive aroma is one I like to visit, when my taste buds start to twith. they're never disappointed!

Visited May 2012
1 Thank Busybee888
Anstruther, United Kingdom
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 86 helpful votes
“Good spot for lunch, tea and cakes!”
Reviewed May 28, 2012

The cheese farm is a good place to go for light lunches and snacks. The food is home made as are the cakes and it is all really tasty. The place is spotlessly clean and you can enjoy views of the countryside. The first few times I went there the service was really slow but this was not long after it opened and there have been no problems on recent visits.

Visited March 2012