“Brightened Up A Miserable March Monday”

Waterfront Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 25 Restaurants in Anstruther
Cuisines: British
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Brightened Up A Miserable March Monday”
Reviewed March 19, 2013

Ate here last night. It was a miserable Monday evening in March when the snow and rain was being blown around by a strong wind. Despite this the restaurant was very busy with the majority of the tables occupied throughout the evening. A fairly good indicator that it's a quality establishment. The food was very good indeed and the beer I had from the drinks menu was full flavoured. I wasn't in the best of moods when I arrived at the restaurant but by the time I left I was feeling quite uplifted. The ambience is very pleasant and the staff are attentive without being smothering. I'd eat here again and would recommend to anyone.

• Visited March 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
East Kilbride, United Kingdom
“Very busy but well worth the fuss”
Reviewed March 17, 2013

Visited Anstruther for the afternoon. Took in some sightseeing and decided to have lunch at the Watefront. Menu was very extensive with marvellous selection to pick from. Staff were very warm. Food was great and as we expected. As the name suggests it is on the waterfront - great location and well worth the money. They also do B&B which I would expect would be very good but untried by myself.

Anglesey
“"Just what was needed"”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

At the end of a long and quite difficult drive, (snow), we went into the Waterfront Restaurant, without a reservation, but it was a perfect choice and we were able to relax over an excellent meal, (generous portions), with good service. Altogether a good experience.

Visited March 2013
Bolton, United Kingdom
“Most Delightful Dinner”
Reviewed March 11, 2013

Most relaxing atmosphere with tables for one or two on one side of the restaurant, all the way up to larger family groups on the other side. While there were a few families including quite active children, my little corner remained serene and calm. There is a good selection of all sorts of marine products: finned, bivalved, and even tentacled. The cooking style is European, combining traditional ways for the ingredient such as steamed mussels, with some continental or even far-flung influence using chorizo, spring onion or even Thai or Chinese styles of cooking. My cullen skink was rich and warm for a blowy, snowy evening, and there must be over 50 huge mussels on the plate! And no one batted an eyelid when I tucked in using my fingers - you enjoy it the way you enjoy it! The service was caring, and the waitress can see straight away that I like to be left alone and left me so - very observant and clever they are. A most pleasant and relaxing evening of pressure-free dining. Furthermore - not a smell of frying oil!

Quarriers Village, Scotland
“No 1 chippy In Anstruther”
Reviewed March 10, 2013

Just returned from a trip to Anstruther where we always enjoyed a fish supper from Anstruther Fish Bar but this time we decided to try Anstruther chippy and also the wee chippy. At this point we definately would say Anstruther was the best but we didn't realise there was a 3rd chippy "The Waterfront" which we tried the following day for "research" purposes. We defininately saved the best till last. Out of the three chip shops the Waterfront scored 10 out of 10 for price and more importantly quality. The chips were gorgeous and the fish which was nce and thick with a lovely crispy batter was abosolutely fantastic. Will defininately be returning there on our next visit. Give it a try you won't be disappointed.