“Great place, What a view! Have a visit...”
Review of Forth View Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Aberdour
Forth View Hotel
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Aberdour
Reviewed May 15, 2013

The Forth View hotel is a very nice place to stay if you want to visit Edinburgh. The Trainstation of Aberdour is nearby and in about half an hour you are in the center of Edinburgh. The hotel has nice rooms and a great view to the Forth and Edinburgh. There is a lot of space for children even outside and the dog Misty likes to play on the grass. It was a lovely stay.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed April 19, 2013

The hotel was not the hotel standard I'm used to because I was freezing through my entire stay, due to a lack of adequate heating except in the dining room. Also, because I had taken the last room, at my own request, not knowing it had no T.V. , I had no "entertainment" except my newspaper, which I read from cover to cover, and I saw no source of music.

Having said this, the building and situation were lovely, with a fantastic view over the Forth (which I'd been looking at all day!) The Host Hannah was care and attention personified.

The restaurant was, for me, disappointing, as the three things served to me all seemed to be covered in one form of batter or another. The starter was scallops, which came in crumbs or batter, which merely distracted from the delicate flavour, and seemed deep-fried.
Then I was given an (excuse my French) amuse bouche? , like a globular fish cake again in some form of covering. Finally the main course, I seem to remember halibut, again came in a kind of pastry or something with two soft brown chips (superior fish and chips?) The fish was fine but the batter was spoilt by having a layer of soggy risotto under it, which did nothing for the dish. I thought the risotto was going to be a side dish.

I'm sorry for the negative tone as I'm sure the place is better than my experiece, and I wish them the best. A little more investment is needed, which Hannah implied is not avaiable at the moment, to improve the place.

Room Tip: Ask for heating and a TV
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank 110311name
Hannah N, Owner at Forth View Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 20, 2013

Thanks for taking time to review and we apologise for your experience. As seen from previous reviews we aim for the highest of standards.

On this occasion: This gentleman booked the room knowing that it was our most basic room that we normally only let as part of a Family unit, (the other half of the unit is ensuite with TV and seaview). This gentleman told us he was walking the fife coastal path and all he required was a place to lay his head at night as other places in area were too expensive, at this point we thought we were doing him a favour. At point of booking we told him it was this basic with no TV or en-suite hence the low price.

The gentleman on arrival informed us he was very cold, as he had become wet on the coastal path walk. We put the heating on for him and provided him with an extra electric radiator in his room. He himself informed us as he had had a heart attack and suffers from diabetes he found it difficult to keep warm.

As it has been brought to our attention the subject of the room being cold we will make some changes to this . Upgrading of all rooms is done each year and is constantly on-going.

However we find all feedback constructive in order to meet the standard of as many customers as possible.

Reviewed November 12, 2012

Wonderful staff and great room. Breakfast is excellent and you can also have smoked haddock, which my 10-year-old daughter enjoyed.

Room was clean, neat, warm, and the en suite was not cramped.

Walking distance to all things Aberdour. Beach, castle, pitch, pubs, wharf, and train.

Hostess collected and dropped us at the station.

Very knowledgeable staff has plenty of information about sights and the local history.

Of course, the stay was peaceful and quiet, given the location.

Room Tip: Room 5 for the view.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank PAWerner
Reviewed September 22, 2012

I have eaten here before and always found food and service wonderful and today was no exception! As it was a beautiful day we were able to eat outside in the lovely garden with breathtaking views across the River Forth.
Our meal was cooked to absolute perfection and as someone who eats regularly in hotels around Scotland I can honestly say this food is first class!
Hannah and her staff epitomise the very best of Scottish hospitality and good food and I would urge anyone to book a table here with out reservation!

Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank AfternoonTeaTours
Reviewed August 15, 2012

We were staying at Forth View last week in a family room and really enjoyed the wonderful view and natural scenic beauty. The atmosphere is very calm and relaxing. Overall, the hotel service is excellent and the food is great!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 22, 2012

Stayed here for 1 night - wish it had been more. On arrival the entrance is welcoming and very quaint- the border collie dogs are so friendly. The room was very spacious and wonderfully clean and bright the views over the firth of forth were fantastic and the sound of the waves lapping at the bottom of the garden was devine.The room was very calm and serene The ensuite was shower-not bath. The staff were very helpful and friendly. We dined in the Room with a View restaurant which is part of the hotel. The restaurant is small, cosy and intimate. We ordered the sea bass and the hallibut both dishes were superb.Sitting in the gardens,we had wonderful views as well as watching the rock climbers nearby. Highly recommend this hotel. - Alice x

Room Tip: when arriving keep to the right of the car park as the direction sign is small and easily missed. A...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 16, 2012

Wonderful location! Situated right on the shore with walks to the harbour. Room 5 has a fantastic double aspect view of the Forth and the harbour. Lovely newly decorated spacious room in characterful and homely house. Made to feel very welcome and served delicious breakfast. High class reasonably priced fish restaurant. Only 5 mins by car to Aberdour Station with free parking and half hour services to Edinburgh. What more could you want!

Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Jeff G
Also consider these accommodations in or near Aberdour
The Woodside Hotel
The Woodside Hotel
#2 of 3 in Aberdour
Aberdour Hotel & Restaurant
Kingswood Hotel
Kingswood Hotel
#1 of 1 in Burntisland
DoubleTree by Hilton Edinburgh - Queensferry Crossing
DoubleTree by Hilton Edinburgh -...
#1 of 1 in North Queensferry
Pitbauchlie House Hotel
Pitbauchlie House Hotel
#4 of 12 in Dunfermline
Bay Hotel
Bay Hotel
#1 of 1 in Kinghorn

Been to Forth View Hotel? Share your experiences!