“Love this place very much”
Review of Aberdour Hotel

Aberdour Hotel
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Aberdour
Aberdour
“Love this place very much”
Reviewed April 26, 2013

Me and my friends decided to stay at this place for a pub lunch. I actually had been in this place for a few times already. The quality of the food they serve are really good. I really love this place. The staff are all friendly and helpful and I found this place clean and well organized.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Worksop
Reviewed April 26, 2013

Stayed for a couple of nights. The room was massive, comfortable and full of facilities. We ate in the restaurant both evenings and these meals were the best we had whilst in Scotland. The staff are awesome and helpful. The bathroom is large, the shower powerful and spotlessly clean. We will be going back soon.

Room Tip: Go for a room with kingsize bed, like 23.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Inverness, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 15, 2013 via mobile

Myself and my daughter came here for lunch last Tuesday. We sat in the bar next to the log fire which was lovely. I had the creamy fish chowder which will stay on my hips for ever - was very nice. My daughter just opted for the steak pie with mash.
We have eaten here a few times now and found it to be good. We will be back. The barmaid told us they are planning a beer garden in their court yard for the summer. Lets hope we get a summer.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 13, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I were unfortunate to have lunch here today. We stopped here due to our chosen restaurant being shut for the easter holiday.

First impressions....nice looking hotel, with a restaurant overlooking the main street. Tables for eating, are seperated between the bar and a restaurant.

Meet and greet....... was poorly handled by the older gent. We asked if a table for two for lunch was available. We were then given the choice to eat in the bar or the restaurant. We chose the bar and were then led to our seats....... then forgotten about...... just as we were about to leave the old gent came over and asked if we would like to see the menus, and said he would be back in a few seconds to take our drinks order.......time passed....when finally a nice girl came and took our drinks order, this then came soon after, from the old gent, who then asked if we were ready to order....at no time did he write anything down, and in fact had to check and double check my wifes order. We were sure he was going to get our order wrong, so were not filled with enthusiasm for what was to come.

Menu....quite varied and interesting selections, especially the specials. Typical pub fayre such as steak pie, fish and chips were also present. They do a soup and baguette deal as well. My wife chose the chicken and ham baguette with cream of cauliflower soup, I chose the steak pie.

Service....decent from the young girl that seemed to know how to deal with customers, poor from the old gent, who, when asked by my wife where are the toilets, replied.., the ladies? He also commented that it was panic stations because a few customers arrived at the same time...we both had the feeling of fawlty towers at this stage.

Food.....decent home cooking, that was pretty on a plate. Very tasty soup, and crunchy baguette, tender steak, but chewy pastry. The baguette came with a dressed salad, and the soup was decorated by pretty drops of parsley oil.

Value...poor, 2 mains, and 2 drinks came to £26, if we added on our usual starter and second glass of wine, this would have been nearer £37.

Overall.....I cannot stress enough the importance of a confident meet and greet. This sets off the customer with confidence for what lies ahead. Our experience never recovered from a bad first meeting, so we would not want to return and could not recommend...nip down to the cedar inn instead.

Stayed April 2013
3 Thank fifediner
OwnerAH, Owner at Aberdour Hotel, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Dear Mr Fife Diner,

It would seem your experience at our hotel was during a period when the service was not what we strive to provide. After 80 or so good reviews we seem to have got three bad ones in a row. This has set the alarm bells ringing. Thank you for taking the time to let us know is was not good enough. This gives us the opportunity to look at staff training, leadership and the "new menu". It is very easy to think all is rose` and ticking over just fine. This shot across the bows gives us the opportunity to make sure guest get the service and quality that our reputations promises.
Once again thank you. Scott & Iona Wilkinson
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 12, 2013

We had a one of the superior rooms and if they had a kitchen I'd quite happily live there! Spacious room with large comfy bed. The shower room was a good size too with a nice powerful shower.
The food was very tasty (apart from too much salt in my burger, but I put that down to a small slip-up rather than anything else) and there was no chance of going hungry.
The bar had a great atmosphere and good range of beers, especially for my ale loving husband. We especially liked that our brandy was heated for us, it's the little extras that make the difference.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dunfermline
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Overcharging and delivering very mean portions of food. Quality good, but a shameful way to treat customers. Three different main meals ordered, two of which would have been viewed as a starter in any other restaurant. Left feeling upset, cheated and disappointed. Hotel was boasting a new menu! We won't be returning there to eat.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank 343Margaret
OwnerAH, Owner at Aberdour Hotel, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Dear Margaret - We were most unhappy to hear of your visit to the Aberdour Hotel. It is clear from your comments we need to look at our menu immediately and make some changes. It would seem we did not take enough time to make up this menu and have made some errors of judgement. Thank you for taking the time to let us know. It now gives us the opportunity to put it right and make sure it does not happen again.

Regards Scott & Iona Wilkinson
Halifax, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I try very hard to avoid writing negative reviews and in many ways I am really sorry to have to do so in this instance. I had pre-booked a table for four on a recent Saturday evening. The quality of the food was very good. We variously had lamb, pork and fish and some very nice starters including an excellent ‘honey I shrunk the breakfast’. All four of us rated the food highly and would very happily eat here again. However we had a very bad experience. It may be argued that this was not the responsibility of the hotel but I think I would differ. The dining room is quite small and we were sharing it with a table of people who behaved very badly. They were extremely loud and boisterous. It got so bad that we had to leave our table and finish our meal in the bar. The management seemed quite unwilling to challenge the behaviour and whilst they did apologise to us the whole experience left us very disappointed indeed. The comfort and well-being of all the guests in an establishment is really important and management should be willing to challenge bad behaviour. I would like to go back there again but I won’t.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank LRMacKenzie
Also consider these accommodations in or near Aberdour
The Woodside Hotel
#1 of 1 in North Queensferry
Old Manor Hotel
Old Manor Hotel
#1 of 1 in Lundin Links

Been to Aberdour Hotel? Share your experiences!