“Disappointing”
Review of Ducks Restaurant

Ducks Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Ducks Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 8 Restaurants in Aberlady
Cuisines: European
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Families with children, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Ducks Restaurant is an intimate two AA Rosette fine dining restaurant with a long history originating in Edinburgh’s New Town, with just ten tables it is one of the best in East Lothian. It has an A la Care Menu and two tasting menus one of which is vegetarian. Ducks restaurant is open WEDNSAY to SUNDAY, November to end February. March to October it is open Wednesday to Saturday
Reviewed June 15, 2013

Soup lukewarm. Waiter still undergoing training and in language skills. There was more interest show to sales person about how to attract custom during the forthcoming Open Golf Championship in July. Draughty and a wee bit chilly, even on that lovely summer's day.

1  Thank Dubhag

Reviewed May 27, 2013

We stopped by on saturday to enjoy a glass of wine and something to eat - I ordered Fish Cake with green salad + chips - the Fish Cake was a rubbery inedible lump and the green salad was 5 lettuce leaves without any dressing. I returned it and reordered the steak pie (which was delicious). The waitress said the chef agreed the fish cake complaint but she said 'it said green salad' I suggested she look up the dictionary definition of salad ... no sign of manager to whom I requested the complaint be passed ... talking off passing - we will be in future sadly,

1  Thank Carole G
Reviewed May 27, 2013

Excellent selection of fresh fish and meats,well cooked and politely served. Nice touch with the owner coming in to introduce himself and asking if all was ok.

Reviewed May 5, 2013

I would advise a visit as you will be welcomed by mine host, the menu gives a good choice and very well priced.An attentive staff look after you and the food is served promptly, we were only looking for light bites but you will be surprised as they do not put out meagre portions.The food was excellent and well prepared and the cost is lower than one would expect to pay.Worth a visit and we will be back.

Eider, Owner at Ducks Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2013

Very glad you found the food to be 'excellent' and the service prompt. As with the last two reviews I think you ate in Donald's Bistro which I also run, it has its own site. Ducks is very much fine dining with linen table cloths, candles and is well worth a try..

Thanks for writing, I hope we see you a back soon.

Malcolm

Reviewed April 17, 2013

Staff very helpful,two course lunch with drinks , very well presented, the haggis parcel starter. Very dog friendly,lovely location try a walk on beach first, fantastic bistro for people without dogs

Eider, Owner at Ducks Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2013

I am glad you found the staff helpful and the food well presented. You have I think eaten in Donald's Bistro our other restaurant which has its own site under Donald's at Kilspindie. Thank you very much for taking the time to write and I do hope we see you back again soon. I do hope the dog enjoyed it too. Perhaps you could try Ducks restaurant next time, its lovely with linen table cloths, candles and only ten intimate tables. We do great room deals for dinners.

Malcolm