This was our second year at the "Party Night" with an overnight stay. On arriving in mid afternoon, Reception had us booked in very quickly even with a slight complication over rooms. Being in the company of two other couples, we settled in the Lounge for some pre party drinks and conversation. The staff were very attentive and had our drinks served very quickly and accurately, despite the varied order. A quick break for afternoon tea/coffee and jam scones was also served by very pleasant staff.
We then went off to change for the night to our room. This was very large and well heated at this time of year, with a "Queen" sized bed, plenty of space for clothing, a flat screen TV with many channels, and patio window leading to a balcony that stretches the full length of hotel and has a view of the local hills. The bathroom is also large with full size bath and separate shower cabinet. One minor point that could be addressed here was that there was no "Bath mat" and could cause problems of slipping on the wet tiled floor on stepping either bath or shower.
The Party night started with meeting in the lounge for pre dinner drinks and then on moving to the Function room a nice quick "Shot" before settling done at our own table. The meal, for a "Full House" Christmas Function had a varied menu that would suit all palates. Even with regard to the numbers involved, the young staff had the meals from starters through entree and desserts to coffee and mints, served quickly and where required on hot plates. Clearance of tables was also done smartly, allowing room.
The Party night went with a "Swing" with dancing from the very first tune. This, however, is where a further point is made. The band, "Escapade" (to my mind) unfortunately made up for some inadequacies by playing LOUDLY (two days later my ears are still ringing). This didn't deter from most people's enjoyment.
"And so to bed" after a late night nightcap.
Breakfast was equal to previous night, with a wide selection of cereals, fruit, croissants and buns. A main "Full Breakfast" had choice of all the normal items and again was served quickly (and accurately despite six differing orders) on hot plates by pleasant young waitress. Tea, Coffee and Toast (white or brown) was available for self help and finished off excellent start to the day.
Check out was next and again was done quickly and a problem in registering the Hotel's Card was easily solved.
The "Party Night" would be recommended for those who like the music loud, however, the Hotel for a night out for Meal and Drinks and conversation in company, even to include an overnight stay is highly recommended.
We will, no doubt, return.
Thanks to a well run hotel and excellent young staff.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set within 20 acres of land and overlooking two Lochs to each side, the hotel boasts magnificent views of the surrounding countryside and local 9 hole golf course. Lochside House Hotel is ideally situated for people wishing to tour Ayrshire and the outlying districts and also for those who would like to indulge themselves in The Spa at Lochside. The hotel was taken over in 1999 by Robert and Vivien Kyle and was extensively extended and refurbished to achieve a Four star rating from the Scottish Tourist Board. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Cancelon, Booking.com, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Lochside House Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lochside Hotel New Cumnock
- Lochside House Hotel & Spa New Cumnock, Scotland