Lochside House Hotel & Spa
$96
$156
Travelodge Ayr(Ayr)(Great Value!)
Travelocity
Western House Hotel(Ayr)(Great Value!)
$185
$167
1,233 results
All reviewsthermal suitegarden roomfirst classan overnight staybeautiful hotelbirthday treatwedding venuerelaxation roomlochside housefrom start to finishpatio doorsevery member of staffafternoon tearelaxing breaka wee bitexecutive roomsteam room
Reviewed September 13, 2013

I loved reading any review of Lochside (especially weddings!) before I married here last Friday, 6th Sept. Well...what a day! From the moment we arrived on Thurs afternoon for a girlie spa day to the moment we checked out we were treated like royalty. The reception staff were wonderful, arranging a private dining room for our wedding party of 20 the night before. On the morning the girls chilled in the spa before heading up to a lovely private dressing room all laid out for breakfast. Laura, the wedding co-ordinator, was just fantastic so calm but so organised and gracious. Michael was stand out fantastic managing our day and hosting....we could not ask for a better day start to end. No wonder this place wins awards for weddings, every aspect exceeded expectations (and ours are high at the best of times!) We really cannot wait to come back and re-live the most amazing memories. Well done to all staff, a real asset to a spectacular venue.

Lynsey & Murray xx

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Robert K, Owner at Lochside House Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2013

Dear Guests,

Firstly Congratulations!!

Thank you for such a fantatsic review of Lochside House Hotel and Spa, it is reviews like this that really so make us love our jobs and motivate us to keep providing such fantastic experiences for our guests.

Laura and the team at Lochside, really appreciate your kind words and we can't wait to have you back again soon!

Reviewed September 11, 2013

We were guests at a friend's son's wedding at Lochside last weekend, and spent the night there. As a wedding venue, this place has it down to a fine art - everything went like clockwork, and yet there was no feeling of things being rushed. Excellent food, including a good breakfast. The bedroom was very smart, with an extremely comfortable bed. The only slight downside was the shower, which was rather feeble.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for leaving such a great review of your recent stay at Lochside House Hotel and Spa.

So nice to ready such good feedback, I am delighted to hear how you enjoyed the wedding.

Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed September 8, 2013

My friend and I booked a deal which was over £200 for a night with a meal, treatment and access to the spa. The hotel itself is lovely, I could imagine it being a perfect wedding venue. The spa is fantastic, a really relaxing space and it looks really luxurious. All of the staff were so accommodating and really pleasant without being over the top, especially in the spa area. The food (and cocktails!) was really tasty (except for one thing which I've mentioned later).

There were unfortunately a few let downs: we were supposed to have a garden suite but what we were given was a disabled access room with a wet room and shared balcony; I ordered a sirloin steak and paid a surcharge (which I'm happy to do) but the meat was really fatty and I couldn't eat much; there was a surcharge for eggs benedict for breakfast which seemed odd as I've never been charged extra for anything on a breakfast menu; and it really could do with patio heaters on the shared balcony and terrace.

In the hotels defence my friend wouldn't let me complain about the room and I didn't want to kick up a fuss about the steak. I'm sure they would have fixed the problems. However, I don't think we should have been put in a position where we had to complain about the room to ensure we were given the right one.

I would say that we're going back in September so that should give you an indication of how great the good parts were! Plus my friend raves about this place. I'm sure this time will more than make up for the shortcomings of our last visit.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Shellbell100
Reviewed September 6, 2013

Visited this beautiful hotel and spa on Wednesday with my wife , had a fabulous time at the spa , then lunch , then evening meal , loved our stay so much we felt we had to write a review , all the staff are fabulous , the room was fantastic , and the meals are mouth watering.
Thank you so much to everyone in the spa , at reception , and the restaurant staff , see you all soon .
John And Isabella

Room Tip: All rooms are spotless
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Robert K, Owner at Lochside House Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2013

Dear Guest,

Five star review.

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Lochside House Hotel and Spa. Feedback is most important to us it’s great to read such a fantastic review.

Hope to see you back in the future,

Kind Regards

Reviewed September 6, 2013

My little brother and his fiance have booked this hotel to get married in 2015, so me and my mum and auntie decided to take my gran out for lunch yesterday for her birthday, she has never been to see the wedding venue as we stay about an hour away. Well i can honestly say you made her day.

There wasa wedding on which made it even more special.

We sat in the restuarant and ordered our lunch, well we were definatly not dissapointed, the food was absolutely delisious qand i struggled for choice, then the pudding was amazing.

The staff were very proffesional and the prices werent too over the top, i really enjoyed it, we all had a great time, fantastic views and was lovely to see the wedding.

Really looking forward to my brothers wedding now and will definatly be stopping here for lunch if i am in the area again.

Faultless.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Robert K, Owner at Lochside House Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for such a fantastic review of Lochside House Hotel and Spa, its reviews like this that really do make us love our job and motivate us to keep providing such fantastic experiences for our guests.

I am delighted to hear how you are looking forward to the wedding and can't wait to see you soon!