“Amazing!”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in New Cumnock
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Amazing!”
Reviewed July 19, 2013

I had my wedding here on the 31st May. Everything was absolutely amazing! Robyn the wedding co-ordinator was fantastic and didn't seem fazed by my millions of emails in preparation for the wedding. The day itself went without a hitch and I cannot thank all the staff enough. The girls from the spa who done our make-up were so lovely and patient, all the waiting and bar staff were excellent as well as the reception staff. All of our guests loved the venue and the ones who stayed over were amazed by their rooms and I got lots of compliments on the food. It is just such a lovely setting for a wedding and I highly recommend it.

Room Tip: Ask for a garden room, they have lovely verandas and a great view.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Robert K, Owner at Lochside House Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, July 23, 2013

Firstly Congratulations!!

It is always great to get such fantastic feedback. Thank you for taking the time to write such lovely words, we will pass this on to the team at Lochside House Hotel and Spa, I am delighted to hear of how your special day went without a hitch and we hope to see you again very soon!

Kind Regards,

Proprietor

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (271)
Saltcoats, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 17, 2013

Purchased a voucher for dinner, bed & breakfast , use of the thermal suite and a spa treatment for my friends birthday. The spa was wonderful , The staff were so friendly and the food was just amazing. My only regret is not paying the £40 supplement for a garden room. Can not wait to go again.

Room Tip: Book a garden room :)
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Paulineohno40
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for leaving such a great review of your recent stay at Lochside House Hotel and Spa.

So nice to read such great feedback.

Hope to see you back again in the future.

Kind regards

East Kilbride
Reviewed July 17, 2013

We booked this one night getaway deal on one of the popular deal websites. It was for dinner, bed and breakfast and a Spa treatment each. I was not so bothered about the spa, so reception suggested that my Wife treat herself to both of the treatments, this was no bother to them, I was pleasantly surprised as some Hotels can be rather picky about such changes. We also upgraded to a larger room with outside space, this again was not a problem for them, we were even given a choice of which room we preferred. Dinner was a little disappointing as the choice was limited as we were there on the web deal (given the option I would have paid more to eat from their normal menu) my wife had the scallops and I had the pakora to start, we both weren't blown away, however we both paid the £5 supplement and had the fillet steak which was excellent. Overall an extremely enjoyable little break, just a few small points that prevented me giving 5 stars, the limited menu, use of the thermal suite area only between 7-9 and no draft cider (picky I know but if there is no Strongbow on the bar menu I'm always a little disappointed) all that being said the staff were excellent! hats off to Karen and her team.

Room Tip: We were in room 29, because the weather was excellent the outside space was well used.
Dear Guest,

Great Review! Many thanks for reviewing your recent stay at Lochside House Hotel & Spa, we appreciate all feedback, and delighted to hear how you enjoyed your steaks.

I am very pleased to hear how you enjoyed the gardens suite, these really are lovely rooms.

Hope to see you soon!

Kind regards,

Glasgow
Reviewed July 16, 2013

I wanted to write about our stay here. This was booked through a voucher company which was overnight stay, dinner, breakfast, use of the thermal suite and a treatment each.

The hotel. is set in gorgeous surroundings, and the grounds immaculate. Our room 22 was stunning very spacious with patio doors out to a seating area outside. (Minor point the table outside could have been cleaned as there was ash on the table both of us are non smokers and found this quite off putting).

The spa. Very relaxed surroundings, the thermal suite super and we both had full body massage, thanks to Stephanie who was a delight, made me feel very relaxed.

The Restaurant. Simply amazing. We had haggis and black pudding to start, then paid 5 supplement for the fillet steak, soooo worth it! Fab size steak and cooked to perfection, desserts also lovely. Breakfast was just perfect hot freshly prepared full Scottish breakfast, also cereal fruit juices etc all available from buffet selection. Overall one of the best meals I have had.

Overall cannot fault it. We recently had another baby and this was just perfect for relaxing away from the kids. Will most definitely be back. Looks like a perfect wedding venue! :-)

Room Tip: Room 22 was across from the spa and thermal suite. Didn't have to travel far in our robes! Ideal...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Robert K, Owner at Lochside House Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for such a fantastic review of Lochside House Hotel and Spa, its reviews like this that really do make us love our job and motivate us to keep providing such fantastic experiences for our guests.

I am delighted to hear of the high levels of customer experience you received and that you enjoyed your evening meal in Afton Restaurant and will pass your comments on to Head Chef Nicola.

The team at Lochside really appreciate your kind words and we can't wait to have you back again soon!!

Kind Regards

Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 11, 2013

Purchased a voucher for Afternoon Tea. I was very sceptical if the standard would be good as this was a promotional offer. No need to worry!! We started with a glass of beautifully chilled Prosecco. The sandwiches, scones and cakes were really fresh and the presentation was delightful. The large pot of tea was freshly brewed. The staff were extremely friendly and professional. The bonus was the view from the terrace on a lovely sunny day.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Robert K, Owner at Lochside House Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your lovely words regarding our hotel following your recent visit to Lochside House Hotel and Spa. We are delighted that you enjoyed your afternoon tea with us.

Hope to see you again soon!

Kind Regards

Airdrie, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Had lovely lunch here last Tues-looked forward to over night stay this weekend. Our room (l)overlooked some noisy air conditioning unit which continued all night. Massive crack in the washhand basin.Other than that room fine apart from abusive next room wedding visitors. we had to contact reception to alleviate the situation. which they did wonderfully- at dinner the duck was recommended by waiter-I cd'nt cut itWhen oh's empty plate was being removed I was asked if I was not hungry-said I cdnt cut thro the duck!was asked if I wanted asteak knife-the food was by then stone cold!Soup was deleted from bill as recompense-do u know I wd rather have a really nice meal?

Room Tip: Don't book room 1!
2 Thank lindahazlie
Perth
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We arrived to a family room which was misnamed, it was tiny. We were quickly moved to a much larger (disabled) room which sadly had a view of the kitchen roof and the noise of the extractor fans on the said roof which went off at about 10pm and came on at about 6am. Lovely king sized bed was very comfy and fold down sofa for the kids. Tea and coffee making facilities with quality biscuits but no bottled water.

Food in restaurant was very good with plenty choice and good selection for children. Staff are very attentive and polite. Reasonable prices too. Breakfast was excellent and Moira the breakfast manager is a gem. Plenty choice of continental style items, plenty serials and fruit, juices, milk etc. Cooked breakfast is freshly prepared not from a hotplate buffet which is welcome as the food is hot. Plenty choice and some additional items at reasonable extra cost.
Did I mention that Moira is a gem?

The grounds are very nice but we couldn't really appreciate that from the bleak view from our room. The hotel is well maintained and clean. We were at a wedding and not looking to use many facilities but I was really really surprised that there wasn't a swimming pool. However there is the largest jacuzzi type thing on earth.

The staff are very polite and very accommodating and helpful.

So, it's a quality place but it isn't flawless and I was looking for a wee bit more for my money. But we did have a great time at the wedding.

Room Tip: Overall a great place but take your own paddling pool for the kids!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
#1 of 1 in Larkhall
The Fairburn Hotel
The Fairburn Hotel
#1 of 1 in Mauchline

Been to Lochside House Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!