“Our Wedding!”

Lochside House Hotel & Spa
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in New Cumnock
Reviewed May 4, 2013

Not sure if its couples, family or friends but our stay at The Lochside for our wedding was great whatever the category!
The new honeymoon suite is outstanding. We stayed the night before, in separate garden rooms of course and some family throughout the hotel. We had a great evening and were relaxed for the big day.
The day of the wedding ran really well despite the weather and the accommodation is exceptional.
We will return for an anniversary or birthday but in the meantime can recommend the rooms, the food, the staff and the owners - first class!

Room Tip: The new honeymoon suite is nice...... Garden rooms are great, not stayed in a 'normal' room...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Robert K, Owner at Lochside House Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2013

Congratulations!

Thank you for review your stay at Lochside House Hotel, fantastic to hear you enjoyed your stay! I am pleased to hear how you like the 'Garden Suite' this really is a great room and the we were able to be consistent in providing you with the great service we give to all of our guests.

I am glad to hear of how you are already planning your return visit!

Robert Kyle
Proprietor

Write a ReviewReviews (1,202)

Reviewed May 3, 2013

stayed here for 1 night through the week on a 5pm deal. Usually through these deal websites you can sometimes feel that businesses dont value your custom in the same way as you have paid a lesser fee but at lochside house this wasnt the case. From the initial booking i knew we would be well looked after - we arranged our spa appointment as well as our dinner reservation. the hotel itself is set in such a peaceful and relaxing area and the staff couldnt have been more help. the spa and its staff were fantastic, always smiling and always happy to help. the garden suite room that we had was huge, full of space and very clean. the bar and restaurant staff were very welcoming and after being around them for an hour or so they made you feel like you had know them for years. The manager John was excellent help - even after his shift had ended he offered to give my girlfriend and i a tour of the hotel. He and his bar and restaurant staff were great as was our meal.

This is my first trip advisor review and i felt i had to write it as the service we received was first class. Myself and my girlfriend both work in the hotel industry and really know what good service is and we also really know that when you need a relaxing getaway you need to feel relaxed when you leave and thats exactly how we felt

we will definently be back!

well done and thanks!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for such a fantastic review of Lochside House Hotel & Spa, it is reviews like this that really do make us love our job and motivate us to keep providing such fantastic experiences for our guests.

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your meal in the Afton Restaurant and will pass on your comments to head chef Nicola.

Kind regards,

Robert Kyle,

Reviewed May 3, 2013

Myself and my wife got married at The Lochside on 24th March 2013. Our Wedding organiser was Robyn, how was fantastic. Having worked in a big 'wedding venue' hotel myself, I can appreciate how much effort she put in and we cannot thank her enough. The staff were great, super friendly and professional.

As for the Hotel, we stayed two nights in the Honeymoon sweet (£250 a night), which is awesome! SO BIG; king size bed, two TVs, balcony, WOW! The Bathroom is just epic! YOU NEED to try the Jacuzzi bath! If I was to say anything, it is that having spent two days in it, we found the 'mood lighting' problematic. It was always very dark, even when you wanted it bright!

The Spa LOOKS great, but unfortunately we could not get any treatments as it was totally full, even on the Monday; (short of staff perhaps?) which was very disappointing. My advice; BOOK EARLY! We used the Thermal suite and it was great, but the lady could have explained what all the buttons did, we spent about 15 mins trying to figure them out.

The Afton Restaurant was very good, breakfast fantastic, the omelets are massive! Dinner was 8/10. We booked D,B&B, and were told we could pick from the set menu or any starter from normal menu. Turns out we got charged full price for the starters.

Overall this hotel is great, and is priced accordingly. The decoor is bang up to date, and they are always doing little refurbishments. The staff are 1st rate. A must if you are passing by. We will certainly be returning! In fact I would suggest the owners update the roadside signs to reflect the standard of the hotel, they don't do it justice for passers-by.

Room Tip: Rooms are priced accordingly: Standard (Smaller) Executive (Larger) Garden Suites (Brand new and hav...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Congratulations! Thank you for your lovely words regarding our hotel following your recent stay at Lochside House Hotel.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your special day and will pass on your kind comments to Robyn and the rest of the team at Lochside.

We will take all your comments on board, and we are sorry you never managed to receive any treatments, but glad to hear you did enjoy the thermal suite.

Hope to see you again soon!

Robert Kyle,
Proprietor.

Reviewed May 2, 2013

Just had my second stay at this hotel on 29th April. The stunning location and luxurious understated elegance within the hotel makes it perfection. Every single member of staff go out their way to be friendly and attentive to your needs. All of which came effortlessly. The food and service is first class and the thermal suite is fantastic. A first class service without a doubt.

Room Tip: If you have mobility difficulties request an upgrade to a garden suite on the ground floor
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

It is always great to get such fantastic feedback. Thank you for taking the time to write such lovely words, we will pass this on to the team at Lochside House Hotel. I am delighted to hear of the high levels of customer experience you received.

Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed April 29, 2013

I booked the couples retreat night 2 weeks ago paid for it in full £350 and booked our meal on the sat night, treatments on Sunday at 11am was a surprise for my partners birthday and gran was booked for baby sitting duties ,we were over the moon to get date we were only available due to work and babysitter .I have just received a call to say they have overbooked rooms and would have to cancel or change date, I couldn't believe it after arranging everything two weeks ago and paying for it in full so I knew I had nothing to worry about how wrong was I and I believe I'm not the only one getting a phone call .Lochside hotel have just lost another 2 sales as on the night we were staying I was purchasing £70 spa day X2 for friends 50th and 1 couples retreat £350 for a wedding present and we were thinking of booking loch side hotel for our wedding ,all I can say is I'm so disappointed as an hotel so high graded could get something so small wrong.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank cut66
Robert K, Owner at Lochside House Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2013

Dear Guest,

Although saddened to hear of your negative review I am grateful for all customer feedback as it enables us to improve the overall customer experience.

Since hearing of this review I have contacted you personally and discussed the unfortunate situation that occurred through no fault of your own. Thank you for generously accepting my apology regarding this matter.

Although I appreciate the review is truthful and 100% based on the events, I honestly feel that it is not a true reflection of the hotel and am truly sorry that you did not get to experience the high levels of customer experience which Lochside is renowned for.

R. Kyle

Reviewed April 29, 2013

An unexpectedly super hotel in the wilds of East Ayrshire. Room was large, with comfortable beds and a brilliant view over the loch. Food was superb and not overpriced. Staff very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Robert K, Owner at Lochside House Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2013

Dear Guest,

Great Review! Many thanks for reviewing your recent stay at Lochside House Hotel, fantastic to hear you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed April 29, 2013

Stayed at the hotel for a wedding which was in the hotel. Really nice place and the staff were very friendly and courteous. Food at the wedding was delicious and the breakfast was great as well.Super views over the loch from the restaurant and the various function rooms. Never got a chance to try the spa but some of the wedding guests said it was great. Will definitely stay here again.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for leaving such a great review of your recent stay at Lochside House Hotel.

So nice to read such great feedback – we will pass your kind words on to the team!

Hope to see you back again in the future.

Kind regards

#2 of 2 in Cumnock
The Fairburn Hotel
The Fairburn Hotel
#1 of 1 in Mauchline

Been to Lochside House Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!