“Fantastic!!!!!”

Lochside House Hotel & Spa
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in New Cumnock
Reviewed March 20, 2013

I visited this hotel and spa as a Mother's Day treat from my daughter. From the minute you walk in the door you are treated exceptionally well. Nothing is too much bother for all the staff without exception. When we were at dinner the owner walked round the restaurant stopping to ask us if we were being well looked after - a really nice touch! The Thermal Suite s so relaxing and never too crowded. The staff in the spa are so attentive and ally clearly enjoy working there. They have an offer on Facebook at the moment which is great value and I can't wait to go back.

Reviewed March 20, 2013

Like many other reviews I also was using a discount voucher.
The room was comfortable and nicely decorated.
Pool area within the spa was small,1 sauna and 1 steam room and a large jacuzzi.The jets within the jacuzzi are extremely powerful.
Dinner was the highlight for me.
For £40 pp for dinner,bed and breakfast it was well worth the money.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank ruby1971
Reviewed March 18, 2013

This hotel was absolutely fantastic. The room was great. The food was fantastic. The spa was relaxing. The staff were the best ever. What more can I say. If you have the chance definately go.We went there on an online deal. We had a two course meal in the restaurant. We also had a bottle of wine in our room and had full use of the spa.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

Me & my partner took time of work to enjoy a romantic mid week break using a voucher from 'Glasgow's Great Deal'. At £75 for overnight stay, sparkling wine on arrival, two course dinner, breakfast and use of the thermal suite.. I knew we were probably pushing our luck. However, I do believe that voucher guests should be treated as any other.

Unfortunately, the punishment of being a voucher customer was apparent from the very beginning. A pokey, basic room, with the most ridiculous, laughable view of the entire hotel roof, considering the location.. Complete with noisy extractor fan (all day/night) outside the window. A loud gurgling heater (needed bled), unfinished bathroom (ceiling has been plastered, painting yet to be completed), no robes or slippers, and nasty Asti 7% Spumante (NOT sparkling wine) in a puddle of warm water. Not the makings of a hotel credited with such rave reviews & wannabe spa-break status. The hotel is very noisy, i could hear loud footsteps, and the detail of conversation from people around us. The cleaning staff in the morning have no concept of a lie-in (8.45am) with all their shouting/conversation outside the rooms. Truly disappointing. I wrote this in the feedback card, and was also asked at reception if I had enjoyed my stay upon checkout. I said no, and explained.. Before being told I should have asked for an upgrade. Perhaps I should have. Perhaps all guests should be put in a nice room in the first place without having to complain.

The meal, chosen from reduced menu, was fine. Really enjoyed the pate and proper wine! Scallop starter overcooked, with sweet snd sour sauce (?) The duck noodles were bland & meat hard work to eat, despite being cooked med/rare. Staff in the restaurant very attentive and efficient. Thank you. However, the facilities were very busy, cold, and not very atmospheric.

The spa facilities are nice, beautiful vitality pool.. love the water jets! I think a spa journey would have been good.. Just some info on the facilities, how to use the lockers (code) and robe/slippers for all guests, not just those who are having treatments would have been ideal. The ESPA products to use in the showers are a lovely touch, especially since I forgot to pack conditioner. It was considerably busy with several groups of women in quite a compact space, and no loungers available) the few there had been 'saved' by towels!!)

Overall, an underwhelming experience. I can see what this hotel is trying to be. But it just can't..

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank Eilz123
Reviewed March 15, 2013

This has got to be one of my favourite hotels I've ever stayed in, it is just lovely. Absolutely gorgeous views, you can see the countryside for miles. The bedroom we had was gorgeous, with a huge verandah. It was snowing when we were there and the view from room was spectacular, so relaxing to sit and enjoy with a glass of wine.

The thermal spa experience was fantastic, loved the bubble jets and was totally chilled letting the water work it's magic to de-stress.

Food in restuarant was top notch, and wine list not too pricey at all. Enjoyed the fire, very nice.

Thoroughly enjoyed this break and cannot wait to a return visit in the very near future hopefully. Got a big birthday coming up, so this hotel is a contender for a longer break away to celebrate.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a garden view room, you will not be disappointed
Reviewed March 11, 2013

2nd stay at Lochside, preferred garden suite room we had first time, bedroom we were given was big,clean and fine for an overnight stay. Spa was fab ,girls working there all lovely ,hot stone massage was bliss.!! Relaxed and informal dining room,great menu choices ,food well presented and tasty....we'll be back!!!

Room Tip: Go for garden suite
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 9, 2013

I spent the night here recently with my daughter for some rest and relaxation. We had seen great reviews and availed ourselves of the Glasgow's Great Deal voucher! What excellent value!!! We had a wonderful 2 coarse dinner. Choices were varied, appetising and beautifully presented. We both thoroughly enjoyed our own specific choices.
Our room was lovely with views out on to the loch. If I had one criticism it would be that the room became too hot during the night and I had to get up to open the window. I was then disturbed by the sound of geese for an early morning alarm call. That said I would far prefer geese to traffic any day, or the normal sound of an alarm ringing!
The hotel has such a beautiful setting. We looked through wedding albums that were sitting on one of the coffee tables and were in awe of the potential for wedding photography. Quite breath taking!
We treated ourselves to a couple of Spa treatments the next morning and everything that has been written before about the spa is true! Absolutely beautiful. I only wish we had had longer. The thermal suite is beautifully laid out and the relaxation room was everything you would look for in such a room. Every detail has been considered.
I received an email from the owners following our stay and somehow managed to loose it before replying . Hopefully this will serve the same purpose- to assure them of our satisfaction of their quality product.
Will we be back? In a heartbeat! I am already trying to persuade others to join us next time.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Savoy Park Hotel
Savoy Park Hotel
#2 of 17 in Ayr
Western House Hotel

Been to Lochside House Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!