“Very good value”

Cuisines: European
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 22, 2012

Just visited Georgian House and enjoyed a very good value meal which is available Thurs - Sat. £34 for 2 courses for 2 + a glass of wine each. Food was great and staff were excellent.

Reviewed October 4, 2012

I myself have tried many restaurants over the years and I have found The Georgian House as one of my favourite for a meal.
Everytime I visit The Georgian House I am taken back by the food, how something so reasonably priced can taste so good. The steak that is on offer is second-to-none along with the sides that accompany the dish.
But to be truely honest the reason I enjoy my experience at the Georgian house is because of the atmosphere and decor of the place. Local artists decorate the walls with paintings, which I believe all to be on sale, the old architecture of the building is truely magnificent along with all the old and ornate objects which decorate the dining rooms.
My girlfriend and I were here for Valentines day and it couldnt have been any better, on a cold and wet winters night it was truely magical with the big open fires illuminating the rooms and small decorations to show that it is on a more personal level than commercial. The fact that we were sitting close enough to other people to hear them talking but not actually hear what there saying really made the night for me.
Peter, the Head Chef and owner of the establishment, is a very talented guy when it comes to catering, as everything he cooks will taste, smell and look to die for. The staff of The Georgian House couldnt have done anymore for me on all my visits there and my tips for them reflects this.
The only downside to The Georgian House is that not enough people know about it. It is on the top of my list for recommendations.

Sam.

Reviewed September 23, 2012

Had dinner for 2 last night at the Georgian best value for money in a very long time. Meal was beautiful had a steak with no surcharge ( that is a first as most restaurants charge extra) even had a good glass of wine thrown in for the price. Atmosphere was great and the staff where very accommdating would highly recommend.

Reviewed September 17, 2012

Love the Georgian house, staff are always very pleasant and efficient. Food is always freshly prepared and well presented. Children are also made very welcome with a good kids menu available. Highly recommended for good food, service and delightful surroundings.

Reviewed September 12, 2012

just had the most fabulous lunch- I am a veggie and I was astonished at the amount of choice that I was offered. after reading the reviews I was shocked to see negetive comments about the staff- my experience was completely different I found the staff very friendly and nothing was too much trouble for them. I cant wait to my next visit!!