“5* Floor Staff Pity about the Food.”
Review of TT Bistro

TT Bistro
Ranked #1 of 19 Restaurants in Comber
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed October 2, 2012

Decided to go for the Early Bird Menu having won a Voucher in the Bars weekly Pub Quiz. It's been a while since I've been for something to eat in this restaurant even though it's in my Local Town but would never turn down a free meal.

We were greeted by a bubbly waitress who was very friendly, couldn't fault this waitress at all, a real credit to the business. She took our drinks order and handed us the menus.

The Early Bird menu does have a vast selection to choose from and there is no doubt that it caters for all tastes. I choose the Crispy Beef for a starter and the BBQ Chicken for Main with Garlic Cubes as my partner chose the Fishcakes for starter and the Sweet and Sour Chicken for main.

I don't know if it was just my bad luck but the Crispy beef wasn't very crispy more soggy than anything else, it was sat on top of an excessively greasy salad which blurred my taste buds. The main was also excessively greasy, The chicken was Pan-fried with a slice of Bacon on top covered in Cheese, don't get me wrong it was cooked well but just a little too much oil on the plate. The garlic cubes could've also done with a little more garlic, i'm sure however if i'd asked for more garlic i'd have received this. My partner stated that the Fishcakes were nice and cooked well, however the Sweet and Sour chicken was simply Frozen Breaded Chicken bits deep fried with a small amount of Sweet and Sour Sauce with rice. In honestly It tasted a little over done too.

We had a look at the Dessert Menu and having ate quite a lot already decided to share a dessert, 100% for presentation! Tasted exquisite also! We chose the Crumble which came with Ice Cream, Custard and Fresh Cream.

All in all, considering I didn't have to pay for the food it was Ok, The service and staff on the Floor were very friendly, and showed great pride in their work always with a smile and jump in their step. It seems the only place this restaurant lacks is it's Kitchen. An Average Meal that could be improved with slight adjustments. Doesn't stand out from any surrounding Pub Grub establishments in the area. Has defiantly improved from times gone by and for a quick simple bite to eat you couldn't fault it for the price.

Reviewed September 22, 2012

We had a meal in here and I was frustrated by the stagnant service even though there were plenty of staff. They didn't seem to know what they were doing at all. The food was ok but I wouldn't be raving about it and I doubt I'll be back considering there are far better places to eat in the area.

Reviewed September 16, 2012

Food tasted as if it had been reheated in a microwave. Everything tasted heavily of fat. Atmosphere was cold and staff unfriendly.

Reviewed July 26, 2012

Simply goujons and chips with peppered sauce, but well worth the money, pleasant staff, reasonably priced, and easy to find location. will be back again,

1  Thank JS1719
Reviewed July 11, 2012

The TT Bistro had gone downhill in recent times in terms of menu, quality of food, service and ambience, However, it is now under new management and we decided to give it another chance. We were very pleasantly surpised! There was a good buzz in the restaurant, service was excellent and plenty of variety on the menu. We opted for the special - 2 courses for £10.95.
Service was a bit slow but that is not a problem to us when we go out for a night. Our starters and main courses were well presented, good portion sizes and very enjoyable.
We could not fault the TT on our recent visit and will definitely return.
Keep us the good work, Nicky and team!