“Unfortunately rather disappointing”

Sugarcane Cafe Bistro
Ranked #1 of 18 Restaurants in Comber
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Description: Eclectic little Bistro in Comber Square. Now recognised in The Georgina Campbell Guide Ireland. Winner of the 2014 Best Eatery and best licences premises at the Ards business awards. We source great tasting local produce, mostly from within Co. Down. We are open 7 days a week from 9am with a gorgeous Bistro menu running nightly from 5pm Wed to Sun. Join us for breakfast, lunch, dinner or just a coffee and cake.
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Unfortunately rather disappointing”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

I have been to Sugarcane on many occasions and have never had any issues, the food has always been fabulous. However on my most recent visit I have to say that I was extremely disappointed with my meal. The meal itself was tasteless and rather on the small side. It certainly didn't represent value for money. Please Sugarcane, please give me a reason to come back!!

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Littleone0
pete18107, Owner at Sugarcane Cafe Bistro, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Thanks for your comments. I am sorry that you felt your last visit wasn't as expected. We take all our customers observations seriously.

We do have a new menu on and as always the case it does take some time to get the balance of portion size just right. I have discussed with our chef and we would encourage you to come back and try us again.

We continually monitor our menu and I have passed on your thoughts to the team. We are hoping to change our menu shortly and would encourage you to return. Perhaps you could contact us by email on info@sugarcanecafebistro.com and I will be happy to discuss your complaint in person.

Kind regards

Peter

“Great food and atmosphere”
Reviewed August 30, 2013

Great informal dining and fabulous food. Good choice on the menu from light bites to more complete dinner. Would recommend.

• Visited July 2013
Belfast, United Kingdom
“one of the best”
Reviewed August 27, 2013

I visit this place quiet often, and never been disappointed ,
they serve from first thing in the morning, till evening time, the choice of food is great and the menu changes often.
We have a small baby and and 7yr old and they are very helpful in looking after our requirements, its hard to find a place that serves good food and accommodates families well, and this place does that.
Food Great
Staff Very Good
Premises a Pleasure to be in.

ohh and they make a great double shot Americano, superb creme!!!!

All in all , really worth a visit

• Visited August 2013
Bangor
“If you havent tried Sugarcane... what are you waiting for??”
Reviewed August 23, 2013

I cannot recommend this Bistro enough, whether you are looking to enjoy a quiet catch up with a friend, girlie night out, romantic meal for two or somewhere to celebrate Sugarcane delivers!!!!!

I have never had a bad meal and the staff are fantastic, nothing is too much trouble and you will be welcomed from the moment you walk through the door. The owners are warm and friendly, it is obvious they take pride in their business through their gorgeous menu, dedicated staff and outstanding customer service. Staff are attentive but not intrusive, allowing you to enjoy your meal in peace.

So if you havent been, then set a date - YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED!

I have used Sugarcane for family, friends, couples, business and solo visits (cannot select all options below)

• Visited July 2013
belfast
“Great food, great atmosphere, lovely staff!”
Reviewed August 20, 2013 via mobile

This is a fantastic restaurant - the food is lovely (I have been many times for breakfast and lunch but have yet to try their evening meals but am sure they are also great!)
Definitely a place you would go back to time and time again!

• Visited August 2013