“Wee gem on my doorstep.”

Sugarcane Cafe Bistro
Ranked #2 of 19 Restaurants in Comber
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children
Description: Eclectic little Bistro in Comber Square. Now recognised in The Georgina Campbell Guide Ireland. Winner of the 2014 Best Eatery and best licences premises at the Ards business awards. We source great tasting local produce, mostly from within Co. Down. We are open 7 days a week from 9am with a gorgeous Bistro menu running nightly from 5pm Wed to Sun. Join us for breakfast, lunch, dinner or just a coffee and cake.
Reviewed February 9, 2013

My daughter decided to treat me to a dinner out. I couldn't believe what a little gem was on my doorstep that I've never taken the bother to explore. The early bird menu was available to me but I couldn't resist the 'cock 'n bull' on the dinner menu. It's chicken, steak, and a LOT of other stuff in a peppered sauce. Very rare that I get my steak cooked exactly as I like it, but it was. Never mind my starter (gorg) and my daughters meal (gorg) cooked by Brian and his brilliant team. The venue had a strange feel between a bistro and a local pub (maybe the local pub ref is to do with the staff). All in all a good experience. I also enjoyed my cocktail that I watched being made by Barry - Pure skill.

1  Thank JillWallace

Reviewed February 8, 2013

My wife and I dine here frequently and are always pleased with the food and service. Wether we are just popping in for a coffee and tray bake or indulging in a full meal we are always delighted with both the quality and quantity of the fayre. On a recent visit I paticularly enjoyed the beef stew and my wife always enjoys the excellent range of salads. Top Marks!!!

Reviewed February 8, 2013

My mum is an absolute fan of this place. Been there a couple of times with the family and felt compelled to write a review after today. Had a great homemade burger and chips with a lovely cappuccino. Very friendly staff and a nice interior. My parents come from Newtownards and come all the way for this place, nothing like it anywhere else. Comber must keep this place!

Reviewed February 8, 2013

16 of us decided to visit the Sugarcane on their first late Wednesday night and we were not disappointed. The food was fantastic, great atmosphere and friendly staff. Would definetly recommend the Sugarcane. Thanks Sugarcane for a great night.

Reviewed February 7, 2013

Another fantastic visit to Sugarcane this time for my daughter's 21st birthday. 21 of us for a meal a big party this visit and we couldn't have wished for a better night. It all went off with out a hitch,the food was beautiful as usual and a fantastic wee team off staff made it a very special night for us all. It was so good the birthday girl and i were back the next morning for the amazing sugarcane breakfast. I would recommend Sugarcane for a wee coffee or a big party is the place to be in Comber.