A few friends and I happened to call in the other evening for a quick drink. When we arrived, we were greeted with an abrupt question of what we were doing in the reception and when we moved in to the bar, the barman was short in asking us what we would like to drink. When we took more than 30 seconds to make the decision he made a look that made it very clear we were a nuisance to him.
After ordering, I looked around to find a table. The only one available still had a couple of dirty dishes on it, however I didn't see this as a problem so moved towards the table. The same barman did come straight over to clear it, however when I thanked him, he grunted and moved away. Once again making me feel very much like a nuisance to him.
We stayed there for our drink, and did enjoy the surroundings however I felt the atmosphere created by some of the staff made it difficult to fully enjoy the evening. Which is a shame and would put me off visiting this bar in the future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Old Inn is over 400 years old. With thatched roof, open turf fires and ornate furnishings - this cosy Northern Ireland retreat offers 2AA rosette dining, Dinner Bed and Breakfast is our most popular package. We also have close links to nearby spa and golf facilities to make your short break a wonderfully relaxing break away from it all. Family run for generations, the welcome is as warm as the famous fires. Family rooms available and a luxurious outdoor pavilion with... You guessed it, a roaring open fire! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets and Booking.com so you can book your The Old Inn Crawfordsburn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Old Inn Crawfordsburn Hotel Crawfordsburn
- Old Inn Crawfordsburn
- The Old Inn Crawfordsburn Northern Ireland