Stayed here for one night having dinner. Hotel is charming, having been founded in 1641. The thatched roof on the oldest part of the building adds to the charm. The bar and restaurant are well appointed, with the later having recently been redesigned. Dinner was very good, scallops and crackling on starter list being especially good. Service was very good and efficient with all staff, including the owner, being on hand to make us feel most welcome. Outdoor garden complete with covered area, with a warming fire, provides a tranquil area to relax. The nearby forest park, complete with waterfall affords the visitor with a chance to have a stroll down to Belfast Lough shore. Well worth a visit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Old Inn Is the CURRENT AA NORTHERN IRELAND HOTEL OF THE YEAR! Over 400 years old, with thatched roof, open turf fires and ornate furnishings - this cosy Northern Ireland retreat is AA 4 SILVER star (highly commended) and offers 2AA rosette dining, Dinner Bed and Breakfast is our most popular package and is perfect for a staycation or romantic short break. We also have close links to nearby spa and golf facilities to make your short break a wonderfully relaxing break away from it all. Close to Helen's Bay Beach and Crawfordsburn Country Park it's great for Hikers and walkers. Tourism NI Approved Walker Welcome scheme. Family rooms available and a luxurious outdoor pavilion with... You guessed it, a roaring open fire!Family run for generations, the welcome is as warm as the famous fires. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Agoda, Priceline and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Old Inn Crawfordsburn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Old Inn Crawfordsburn Hotel Crawfordsburn
- Old Inn Crawfordsburn
- The Old Inn Crawfordsburn Northern Ireland